We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Europe trip - 1st two weeks of May

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
43 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Europe trip - 1st two weeks of May

1. We plan to cover the following places in 15-17 days, wanted to firstly confirm if it would be possible to cover the same in this time period - Paris - Amsterdam - Copenhagen - Stockholm - Oslo - Hamburg - Berlin - Frankfurt - Paris.

2. We have heard & read that there are many issues un travelling from the French Continent to other countries, there are also many trains in France that are not covered in the Eurail Pass. Hence please confirm if it would be better to start our Journey from Amsterdam instead of Paris.

3. Would all the trains connecting these countries / cities be covered in the Eurail pass or would all the direct trains taking less that 5 hrs of travel time charge additional charges. If so what would be the approx. charges on these routes.

4. Can we purchase individual tickets to the required locations on reaching, firstly is the option available & if so what would be the price difference between purchasing tickets & buying a pass, intercity we may prefer to travel by bus/ tram. We may also opt for Eurolines from Paris to Amsterdam if Eurail does not seem feasible.

5. Is thee an option to purchase the pass after reaching Europe.

6. Are there any specific trains which we would need to additionally book/ reserve.

7. Are the additional 2 days available on 1st & 2nd class passes.

8. I would be travelling with my 16 year old daughter, which pass would be best option for me.

9. Are there any other suggestion for places to see, locations to include/ exclude etc

Since I intend to cover different countries, as would be in most cases, not sure which Forum I should port my queries hence posting them in different Forums for guidance.

Thanks.

Frankfurt
Destination Expert
for Frankfurt
Level Contributor
5,841 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Europe trip - 1st two weeks of May

Too many places. 9 cities in 5 countries in 2 weeks. When were you going to sightsee? You will be spending all of your time traveling from place to place.

Find an open jaw ticket, where you fly into Paris and out of Berlin perhaps. Get out a map and look were all of these cities are located. Figure out the time it takes to go between them on the train.

I would drop Denmark, Sweden, and Frankfurt as these are your outliers and don't fit into a smooth trip.

Spend a few days in Paris, move onto Amsterdam, then Hamburg and finish in Berlin.

2. Re: Europe trip - 1st two weeks of May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, June 15, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Frankfurt (Oder)