We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Invasive Security checks

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Invasive Security checks

I am just back from Bulgaria and have had a very bad experience with their security checks. They seem to be over zealous in their personal checks and have left me emotionally scared. I was wondering if anyone else had endured any similar experiences. As it's my intention to write to the Bulgarian embassy with this and the more people this might have affected would ensure this would not happen again.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Invasive Security checks

It's understandable. Last year there was a terrorist attack at the Burgas airport that killed 6 and injured 32.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Invasive Security checks

I totally understand why they would be on top of security given recent events. But to do it to a minor in an inappropriate manner (without an adult present) and myself, who was crying in pain as they "manhandled" me and told me to undress to show my operation scars - Is a bit excessive

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Invasive Security checks

We got back sunday night, I got stopped and body checked and I didn't like it. Not polite at all, made me feel very uncomfortable and straight talking as if I was a criminal.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Invasive Security checks

We got back on Friday night I had the same problem the security officer took a woman behind the screen. When it came to me I was wearing a long t shirt type top and shorts to the knee she yanked at my top then put her hands inside the top of my shorts and pants didn't no what to do felt so embarrassed and it was in front of all the other people waiting

Maui, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,356 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Invasive Security checks

Grow up. You are emotionally scarred from a body check? Probably you weren't in good shape to begin with, or are the most incredibly sensitive and naive person on the planet.

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
32 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Invasive Security checks

Cheap thrill for you is it

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Invasive Security checks

As a suggestion why not contact Burgas customs direct and complain, I can give you their contact details if you'd like. As above they have changed their procedures because of last year but that said it shouldn't make you feel uncomfortable. We've just flown back in today from Sofia and my mum was searched in a similar manor but this was because she had activated the sensor.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Invasive Security checks

FYI...I am recovering for an operation for Cancer and told them when I went through security. I did not object to getting "frisked" But when they put their hand up your top and in your bra and a squeeze your boob I regard this as a personal violation. I cried in pain and was told to be quiet.

9. Re: Invasive Security checks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, September 04, 2015
Get answers to your questions about Burgas