We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A bank in Sarafovo?

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
A bank in Sarafovo?

Could anyone tell me if I have to go into Bourgas to change money or is there a bank in Sarafovo?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

Yes there is, I think it's called D commerce or something like that, it's right in the centre by the main bus stop at the crossroads, it's in a new building, there is an ATM outside and a restaurant opposite

Edited: 10:52 am, July 05, 2012
Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

Thank you for this information - it is very helpful . :)

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

How much should it cost for a taxi from Bourgas airport to Sarafovo - our hotel is quoting 25 lev, but this seems a lot for such a short distance, but perhaps it's because the flight lands at ten past midnight?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

That's way too much, I dont know where you are staying but from anywhere in Sarafovo it can't be more than a mile and a half, even after midnight no more than 10 BGN, the prices per km are on the taxi window and charged per km

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
263 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

Make sure you agree on a price BEFORE getting in a taxi. Very important as you will get people that try to con you and there is nothing you can do except pay the price they say it is but if you agree in before you jump in your safe. We use OK supertrans everytime, they are really good and are the only ones that are allowed onto airport property. Ignore the not so polite men who ask you if your looking for a taxi at the doorway.

My first time in Bulgaria, I was 18 and had flown out by myself to meet my parents who live near Bourgas. My flight landed early so I was sat outside by the door waiting for them at about midnight and all these men were asking me to get in their taxis as I wasn't safe alone and leering and obviously talking about me in Bulgarian together. Not very nice at all!

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

So do we organise a taxi before we leave home and if so, does anyone have an email address of a taxi firm?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

tell your hotel that the price is too expensive....most decent sized hotels have their own shuttle bus anyway, I`d just tell them to come collect you....as I said no where in Sarafovo can be more than a mile and a half or so from the airport!

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
263 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

There will also be some taxis at the airport if you want to do that. But emailing your hotel first to tell them the price is too expensive and see if they offer a cheaper price.

I booked an appartment in Sofia for a couple of nights at £30 a night, upon emailing him to make arrangements such as airport pick up and so on, he mentioned loads of prices for things that were stated as free on the site where I booked it. He said that he couldn't say he charged for them on the site, however on his own website he said they were free also. Seems some people think they can take foreigners for a ride sometimes, be wise to this so you don't get conned. I've cancelled my booking and booked with someone else who isn't trying to take all my money.

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
496 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

I've been trying to text a taxi number I've been given but it keeps coming up with an error. Is the following a mobile number? 359 877 121 xxx - do I enter it exactly like this or add a zero or something?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,331 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: A bank in Sarafovo?

no, that is correct,

Get answers to your questions about Burgas