We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants in Sarafovo

Which Burgas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants in Sarafovo

Can anyone recommend a few good places to eat here - I understand it's a small village, so there might not be a big choice, but presumably some restaurants are better than others. Someone told me they remember eating in a nice place in a square a couple of years ago.

Also, is Burgas good for eating out - I mean, would it be worth jumping on a bus and going there for a meal?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

the restaurant in Atlantis complex in Sarafovo is excellent, (as you come into Sarafovo drive down to the junction at the bottom of the hill, turn left and its about 600m along the road, you cant miss it, huge sign on it, its on the right hand side) Bourgas is a city of quarter of a million people, therefore hundreds of places to eat, lots of little restaurants on the main walking street, Bogoridi Street and the sea garden areas

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

Thank you for that - I think we're staying near the Atlantis (the Plaza) so that's good to know! :)

Yes, since I posted this earlier I've been researching Bourgas and I've discovered it is indeed a big place. If I want to explore the city would it be an idea to stay in a hotel there for a couple of nights rather than travelling back to Sarafovo each night or would be be better going a bit further afield and just go in and out of Bourgas each day? We intend to use the apartment as a base and visit a few other places over the fortnight we are in Bulgaria as we've never been before. Do you think it would be worth spending a couple of days in Sunny Beach? It doesn't sound like the sort of place I would normally go to as it is very 'touristy', but it might be good for the kids for a few days.

I paint and draw and I would be interested in seeing some local art - can you advise on galleries?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

Sarafovo is a great and chilled place to base your self, it is only 10 mins from Bourgas, likely to be cheaper to stay than in Bourgas and has a great beach for the kids and easy to park :)

Funnily enough one of the places to see local art is in Sunny Beach, on Artists street, just off flower street which is the central walking street in Sunny Beach , a whole street full of artists who will give you good advice on the best places to see local art, meanwhile loads for the kids to do and two great aquaparks.

Sozopol is a great place to visit and was known for being a `hang out` for artists in the past, again nice place for a walk around the old town and a nice beach for the kids, from Sarafovo takes around 40 mins by car.

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

Thanks so much, this is really useful info! :)

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

Another question - it seems very expensive to rent towels and sheets from our apartment - where would be the best place to buy them if we don't want to take them in our luggage?

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

Not sure about sarafovo but if you come into Bourgas there is Metro, Aiko , Carrefour, Aiko, Baumax etc or Direct from the factory which is just along from the Billa Supermarket at Bratya Miladinovi, but easier just to go to Carrefour hypermarket at Bourgas plaza mall.... From Sarafovo as you come into Bourgas at the first roundabout as you enter Bourgas turn r1st right

And at the second set of traffic lights the mall is on your right hand side

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
260 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

Sarafovo is an ideal place to base yourself if you want to visit various places. Are you hiring a car?

I stay with family in a small village about 45mins in land from Sarafovo and we travel to alsorts of places from there. I'd definitely recommend visiting Sozopol and Nessebar. Bourgas is good for shopping, eating and nightlife. The sea gardens along the beach is a lovely places to visit with statues and sculptures, with parks for the kids and little shops and restaurants.

There is a boat trip along the Ropotamo river near Sozopol where you can either go up the river or out to sea, this is certainly worth a trip to see the wildlife.

Food wise you should go for a Chinese, the food is amazing and so different to what you get in the UK.

Warrenpoint
Level Contributor
427 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

Thanks again for all this useful info nmaban and Gretel. It is much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to our holiday! My husband hates driving when he's at home, so he is reluctant when abroad and I don't drive, so we tend to use public transport when we travel. However, he might be persuaded! :)

Burgas, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
260 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

There are plenty of buses about, you may need to go into Bourgas to get some of them. Hope you have a wonderful holiday :-)

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,267 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurants in Sarafovo

the bus runs from Sarafovo to Bourgas every 20 mins , plenty to do and sea there....indeed the sand sculptures in the sea gardens are incredible see pics here

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bourgas+sand+sculptures&hl=en&rlz=1C1AFAB_en__480__480&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=icb5T4ayNNLa0QWRhO21Bw&ved=0CDkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=1017

Get answers to your questions about Burgas