We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

Which Burgas hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

Has anyone else had money stolen from the ATM at Burgas Airport? I withdrew 400 Levs and an extra 200 Levs were taken - the UK bank says it is not card fraud as my card and PIN were used although money was taken two days later. I would strongly advise anyone travelling to Burgas not to use this bank machine.

Kilmarnock, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bulgaria
Level Contributor
1,752 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

Hi c0bbler.

cant help with the machine at Burgas but when you contact your bank their usual response if you are claiming fraudulent activity is to tell you to cut up youre card I watched a programme on television about 2 weeks ago with Dominic Littlewood where the same sort of thing happened to some people a(although it was british banks) they had been told to cut up their cards this proved to be the wrong thing to do as the small chip on the card actually stores a log of what withdrawls have been made with it this can be forensicaly read and can prove whether or not the card was used for the withdrawal or whether a cloned card was used as the log will either show the transaction or not it sounds as if there may have been a scimmer on the machine the program was dont get done get Dom

hope this helps Robbie

Edited: 1:19 pm, May 16, 2012
Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

I use the machine to the left of arrivals at least once a week as it`s dead handy , never had a problem, also the police and border police tend to sit right beside it having their coffee, and security is fairly tight at the airport, there is cctv covering the whole area, never heard of anyone else with problems at this machine.

we rarely have cases of card skimmers being put on machines here as most of the crooks seem to go abroad to richer countries...also police and private security here are armed and are likely to take a shot at someone caught messing with a bank atm!

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

I`m sorry to hear that, I use the machine to the left of arrivals at least once a week as it`s dead handy, never had a problem, also the police and border police tend to sit right beside it having their coffee, and security is fairly tight at the airport, there is cctv covering the whole area, never heard of anyone else with problems at this machine.

we rarely have cases of card skimmers being put on machines here as most of the crooks seem to go abroad to richer countries...also police and private security here are armed and are likely to take a shot at someone caught messing with a bank atm!

Edited: 3:18 pm, May 16, 2012
London
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

Not sure what hapenned - not a 'skim' as account wasn't emptied but crime definitely linked to that machine as 'records' claim I withdrew there again on the Sunday (driving 25 mins from Ravda to withdraw money at the airport doesn't make sense). Card not used anywhere else - I would suggest avoiding that machine - i presume there is only one.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

There is another ATM in departures, only used it one time, I've used the ATM at arrivals 5 times in the last 3 weeks, use both Uk and Bg bank cards, the last time yesterday, checked the accounts for each of the cards carefully for last seven or eight months(to be honest something i never do) found no problems at all,

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

Thanks nmaoban - starting to doubt myself and getting details of transaction again - I was told it was the same machine used two days later which doesn't add up, however, if it's not the same machine... I'll confirm either way.

London
Level Contributor
5 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

Confirmation, I'm an idiot, Bourgas Airport Bank machine in the clear - thanks nmaoban, no thanks to my bank for confusing me and apologies to Bourgas Airport Bank Machine.

Burgas, Bulgaria
Destination Expert
for Sunny Beach, Bansko
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

hahaha, no worries, you actually made me check my statements, which I never did and which I do regularly now, thanks :)

9. Re: Bank Machine at Burgas / Bourgas Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, June 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Burgas