We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Uvita

Which Uvita hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Huntington Beach...
2 posts
Save Topic
Week in Uvita

Hello,

My husband and I are spending a week in Uvita later this month...cant wait! We are flying into Quepos and renting a 4x4 from Budget

Couple questions:

1. if we spend a day in Corcovado and Hacienda Baru is it worth the drive to Manuel Antonio too?

2. Is there a grocery store nearby where we can stock up on snacks, beers, etc?

3. I see a lot of talk about dollars vs. colones. Any advice for this part of the country?

Anything else we should know before we go, please let me know!

Wichita, Kansas
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Week in Uvita

You might already be gone or back.

1. No need to go to Manual Antonio if you are doing Corcovado at Osa.

2. Grocery stores along the way but best selection and pricing will be Quepos just back north from airport.

3. Dollars taken everywhere.

4. The further south you get the more you will need to know Spanish off the tourist path.

5. Be ready to get up and out early 5:30 at light and it's dark by 5. Rainy season so be ready for that and enjoy.

2. Re: Week in Uvita

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, May 26, 2014