We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary help - Santa Teresa + Osa or El Silencio + Osa?

Boston...
Level Contributor
3 posts
5 reviews
Itinerary help - Santa Teresa + Osa or El Silencio + Osa?

Hello! My husband and I are headed to Costa Rica at the end of March for our delayed honeymoon / 1 year anniversary trip. We have 8 nights / 9 full days and are flying in and out of San Jose ((getting into SJO in the AM and then flying out on a red eye). This is the first time to CR for both of us.

I am super overwhelmed by the different options... one thing we definitely know is we are ending our trip at Aguila de Osa in Drake Bay for 3 nights.

The two options for the first 5 nights are:

Option 1 - Fly into Tambor and 4 night stay at Latitude 10 in Santa Teresa (we are not surfers but the area looks incredible and would love to rent a quad, hike, see waterfalls, etc). Take the AM boat taxi to Jaco and shuttle to Uvita. 1 night in Uvita at TikiVillas, and then shuttle to Sierpe to get to Drake Bay. 3 nights in Drake Bay + fly back to SJO.

Option 2 - Rent a car in SJO, stay 2 nights at Silencio Lodge, then drive to Uvita and stay 3 nights at TikiVillas, drive to Sierpe / drop off car, stay in Drake Bay for 3 nights and then fly back to SJO.

Thoughts? I think Option 2 is probably the easier itinerary but this part of me is really itching to go to Santa Teresa - Latitude 10 looks incredible and have had many friends highly recommend this area.

Would love any advice on travel plans. Thank you!!

1 reply
Escazú, San Jose...
Level Contributor
2 posts
31 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary help - Santa Teresa + Osa or El Silencio + Osa?

hiii, Ohana Villas in Santa Teresa are awesome... also you can look for Jaymojourneyman, he can help with any guidelines in Costa Rica. :)

Reply to: Itinerary help - Santa Teresa + Osa or El Silencio + Osa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uvita
Recent Conversations