We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions

Singapore
Level Contributor
2,313 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Questions

Hi fellows,

How crowded will Mahabaleshwar be in the 2nd/3rd week of December? Some one told me it is so crowded that it will be difficult to get a clear view from the popular look out points. Is this true or is there some exaggeration in this statement?

Also, I understand that local taxis conduct sightseeing tours with a fixed itinerary and at a fixed price. Are these taxis and the drivers generally safe and do they arrange to pick up and drop off passengers at their hotels? I want assess how easy is it to stay in Mahabaleshwar without having a dedicated vehicle at your disposal.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Edited: 5:16 am, September 10, 2013
Mumbai (Bombay...
Destination Expert
for Lonavala, Binsar, Dalhousie, Gir National Park, Shirdi, Uttarakhand
Level Contributor
8,261 posts
553 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions

Hi mrahul..

Better book taxi for sightseeing by your hotel..also in fixed price, convenient and safe..

Yes, it will be bit crowded in weekend..better avoid weekends or long chain of holidays to avoid rush..

2. Re: Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 12, 2014