We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in February.

Newport, United...
Level Contributor
89 posts
Save Topic
Accommodation in February.

Ok, I know you old hands will propably think this a daft question but if I were to turn up in Baga or Candolim in February with no digs booked, how hard would it be to find a room for a single guy of late middle age. Nothing flash. I,m a travelling man because of my job but a room with shower, electric fan and somewhere to hang my gear and of course a bed. Must be clean and cheap. There must be a trick to this. Would taxi drivers help? Has anyone any experience of doing this?

Vagator, India
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,589 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in February.

February is prime time but you can always find somewhere to stay, not sure if an airport taxi driver could help you find somewhere however local ones around Calangute/ Baga should be able to or ask in bars and shacks,

Lazydays in CSM road or Franks in Villa de Goesa road normally have rooms for around 2000 a night but Badgerlad found guesthouses for half that Candolim way

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in February.

There are plenty of guest houses around and it may be best to check hostel world or something similar so you have an idea lots of the guest houses are down side roads and may not be clear if just walking down the road. Some local bars may have rooms pintos on Baga and salt and pepper also on Baga both have rooms but not sure of the cost. February is a good month busy but not crowded.

Good luck

3. Re: Accommodation in February.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:08 am, April 27, 2013
goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in February.

Finding a room in February should be quite easy, and in the price ranges already mentioned.

I would avoid the taxi drivers, instead turn up at some of the pubs in the area you intend staying, in Calangute for instance try The Eclipse, The sportsmans, Corrins Corner, Vickies Bar or KCs bar, there are always expats or longtermers who normally knows whats available, and if nothing is known, there are many hotels close by where you could do a walkin to check prices.

UK/Goa
Level Contributor
2,572 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in February.

Silverfox. Can we introduce you to Alfrednobelt? He is our resident troll unfortunately.

goa
Level Contributor
3,092 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in February.

Post 3... Joachin please go find another format to abuse people, we have all seen through your childish antics, so please go take your medication.

7. Re: Accommodation in February.

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:20 am, April 27, 2013
8. Re: Accommodation in February.

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 29, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Baga
Recent Conversations