We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sari's

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sari's

Hello,

Just wondering if anyone has a rough idea of average prices for a sari at the moment? I've had a look using the search engine but there isn't anything recent.

I'm not shy when it comes to a bit of haggling but would just like an idea of prices please?

Thanks in advance

Sam

Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sari's

We got them for400rp from 750rp. A good buy.

London
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
4,868 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sari's

And it depends what material it is made from. You can pay a lot of money for a really good one...

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sari's

Hi,

If you go to Mapusa Market they have lots of sari shops and they will tailor it for your needs you should get a bargain!

Stels

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
125 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sari's

Brill thanks everyone :)

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sari's

Stella

"they have lots of sari shops and they will tailor it for your needs"

Pardon? Saris are lengths of cloth - they are not tailored!

Wolf

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
3,801 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sari's

But the blouses are, and if you don't want to tie yourself in knots you can have them with the pleats pre-sewn.

Blackpool
Level Contributor
487 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sari's

I have bought all my saris at Mapusa market and had the blouses made by a local taylor. As it was about 5yrs ago can't remember the exact price but I think it was about 750 rps and very little to get the tops made up.

Liverpool, United...
Destination Expert
for Goa
Level Contributor
871 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sari's

Hi

Sorry if I caused confusion.

The sari is obviously a very long piece of material.

However, am guessing you may not know how to wear a sari in the traditional way and what I meant is the shops are happy to make the sari into something which is easier to put on as Katie P says above, they often have a small top made that goes underneath.

Stels

Hartlepool, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sari's

Bought a gorgeous burgundy sari at Mackie's market last week for RS500, bartered down from RS2500! 94 bangles for RS150 and a pack of bindi's for RS10, that's my NYE costume sorted for less than a tenner

10. Re: Sari's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, January 07, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Baga
Recent Conversations