We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alcohol

Hayes, United...
Level Contributor
212 posts
383 reviews
Save Topic
Alcohol

Inexpect alcohol is cheap in Goa can you get decent white or rose white and how much does wine and beer cost?

Bristol UK
Level Contributor
1,004 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Alcohol

Hi

Its called Madera, but I prefer the cheapest Sula wine, about Rs250 in 2011, which I enjoy more than Vin Ballet.

Sula do better grape varietal wines like Saunignon Blanc and Chenin - at a higher price. Newton's in Candolim have quite a varied selection - and sometimes did 4 for 3 offers.

The Goan Port at about Rs150 is actually quite drinkable too (in moderation...)

Retford, United...
Level Contributor
4,058 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Alcohol

Hi Frazer, From my experience imported wines in restaurants are generally between 800 and 1800 IR, but I have seen the odd place charging 2200 IR for a bottle!

I also recommend the Kings (lager) and Honey Bee (brandy)

aberdeenshire
Level Contributor
52 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Alcohol

i love my wine and last year packed a wine box in my case, but that was more to do with the elections and limited booze . audz

14. Re: Alcohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 08, 2013