We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jet Airways

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Jet Airways

Anyone heard of any problems with jet airways?

We are due to fly from Heathrow on 3rd Feb for 3 weeks. Got home today to see an email from travel agent asking us to phone them as there was a schedule change. Doesn't say any more, and of course they are shut now.

Not a happy bunny......

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jet Airways

I love Jet! Love 'em love 'em!

Best carrier I've travelled with in ages!

Hope you have a good trip.

Was there a particular question in there?

Wolf

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jet Airways

Had a bad experience a couple of years ago, got to airport, Southall travel had cancelled our tickets 2 months previously and forgot to tell us!!

Been Kingfisher since then, but they were way too expensive this year, and flakey. Was wondering how reliable Jet were, as I can't get any info about the schedule change till tomorrow, and just thinking the worst.....

Gillingham, United...
Level Contributor
140 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Jet Airways

Wolf - have you been on the beer?? (I suppose that's a good sign cos it means there must still be some in goa LOL!!!

Stefnwolf I've just had a look on the jet website (we are flying with them this month too)

I put in our dates to get the schedule and it says there aren't any outgoing flights that day and only one flight on our return date at a completely different time to the ones booked (11 hours earlier infact)!!!

Then I tried a fictitious booking for the same dates and that came up as normal and all the flights were there to choose from with no changes that I could see anyway!

So don't know what's going on but you've got me worried!

Will be very interested to hear what your agent has to say tomorrow.

Good luck anyway!

Caramoz

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jet Airways

caramoz

I repeat my question, was there a question?

From what I can gather,stefnwolf has had an e-mail from her travel agent and....................well nothing!

I do think Jet are a great airline.

Wolf

Rotherham, United...
Level Contributor
6,212 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jet Airways

I got an email this morning too about our flights on Fruday entitled 'Major Change to Schedual' .Turns out Qatar have move flights 10 minutes.

milton keynes
Level Contributor
784 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Jet Airways

flown jet several times, normally booked direct and always found them supurb, one small delay in over 10 flights. flying with them again in march

Sudbury, United...
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jet Airways

Panic over!

The flight home from Goa has been cancelled, but they have rescheduled us on a flight leaving 1 hour earlier, and connecting with an earlier flight from Mumbai, so stopover is 3 hours instead of 5.

Phew........

Roll on 3rd Feb, bags already packed :-)

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Jet Airways

What a relief stefnwolf. Bet it was on your mind all night.

london
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Jet Airways

Flew with them a couple of years ago, not bad but they are tight with the booze and would like everyone to sleep even though it is the middle of the day for UK people . Food was good though as was the AVOD or whatever it's called.

hertfordshire
Level Contributor
2 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Jet Airways

Just got back from Goa -loved it didn't want to leave:) flew with Jet for the first time Heathrow to Mumbai and then Mumbai to Goa.

I have to say I was a bit hesitant about Jet but needn't have worried most leg room I've had on a flight for a while, good service etc...

One problem we had was that there was a last minute schedule change 24 hours before we left which made our transfer time in Mumbai 7 hours instead of 2!!! not good with two children in tow. Tried to change to an earlier connection but couldn't pretty annoyed with Jet but subsequently found out it was not their fault at all it was some engineering work at Goa airport and the airpoort was shut for four hours. We were also lucky that we were informed of the schedule change before we left the UK so that we knew what to expect. People that were code sharing the flight (BA and Virgin passengers) didn't find out until they arrived in Mumbai. I would def use Jet again they were good value for money.

Get answers to your questions about Baga
Recent Conversations