We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B Suggestions

San Ramon...
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
B&B Suggestions

Hello! My husband and I will be traveling to Northern Ireland in May of 2010. We are looking for a B&B in the Atrim area, or nearby. I recently traced my ancestry to Portglenone and we want to be able to visit there and also my husband would like to go golfing. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank You!

Mentioned in this post
Northern Ireland
Northern Ireland
United Kingdom
Portglenone
Portglenone
County Antrim, UK
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B Suggestions

Will you be hiring a car?

If so you could stay anywhere along the North coast and travel to Portglenone for a visit - probably about a 45 minute drive from the likes of Giant's Causeway. There are an abundance of golf courses in this area including Royal Portrush plus all the other sights you should see when here.

Alternatively you could stay around the Templepatrick area. The Hilton Hotel in the village has its own golf course and you are and also Massereene golf course on the shores of Lough Neagh. Again it would be a about a 30 minute drive to Portglenone and 15 minutes into Belfast.

There isn't a lot of accommodation in Portglenone. From my recollection there are about 2 B&Bs in the area so you may just be better going there for a few hours visit.

Mentioned in this post
Portglenone
Portglenone
County Antrim, UK
Templepatrick
Templepatrick
County Antrim, UK
Belfast
Belfast
Northern Ireland, UK
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B Suggestions

Sorry for some reason some of my information got deleted from my previous post.

If you stay at the Hilton Templepatrick you are also close to Allen Park golf course in Antrim town whicih is abaout a 10 minute drive away. In that area there is also an abundance of excellence quality guest houses and b&bs if you didn't want to stay in the hotel. The website www.antrim.gov.uk gives information on places to stay and on the golf courses under exciting activities.

Again if you wanted to stay in this area and travel to the North Coast to see the likes of the Giant's Causeway, Carrick-a-rede rope bridge, Bushmills Distillery the journey time to join the Coast Road to Larne would be about 35 mintes or to join at Ballymena about 35 minutes also although you would miss about 14 miles of the Coast Road which in my opinion is one of the most scenic parts as the road hugs the sea for this distance.

Mentioned in this post
Larne
Larne
County Antrim, UK
Ballymena
Ballymena
County Antrim, UK
3. Re: B&B Suggestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 21, 2010