We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transport from derry airport to smugglers inn,giants causewa

Which Antrim hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
somerset uk
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
transport from derry airport to smugglers inn,giants causewa

Hi all,am planning a trip to stay at the smugglers inn around midle of feb 08, and finding it really difficult to find out about transport from derry airport.Dont really want to hire a car as this will make it more costly.Can anyone offer any suggestions please re: busses or rail to/around this area. I havent actually booked the 3 day break yet so if anyone has any other recommendations on b+b`s or inns near this area i would be more than grateful (just in case they are booked out}

We love quietish seasidie places,its a romantic,suprise break for my husband to be so wabt it to be special.

Also any ideas of weather this time of year?

Sorry so many pleas but have spent numerous hours on the net now and dont seem to be geting far

Many Thanks all

Belfast
Level Contributor
570 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: transport from derry airport to smugglers inn,giants causewa

Use the journey planner at www.translink.co.uk to find out travel options. I would guess you would have to get a bus from the airport into Derry and then get the train, or a bus to Coleraine or Portrush and then a bus on out to the Giants Causeway.

The Bushmills Inn is probably the nicest hotel in the area, though it is a bit pricey. It is worth a visit for lunch or dinner though if you arent staying there.

Weather wise it difficult to say. I dont think it would be much different than Somerset in Feb, though it can get stormy on the north coast if the weather is bad. There is plenty of snow at the minute.

Portrush, United...
Level Contributor
340 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transport from derry airport to smugglers inn,giants causewa

Smugglers in itself is very isolated if you have no transport and the bus service is infrequent to say the least around the causeway area, you would be better staying in Bushmills or even Portrush, its certainly quiet at that time of the year but there are great coastal walks some nice wee pubs and great eating places. weather isnt great cold and damp generally. and yes the Translink web is the best for travel info. Bring your woolies and enjoy the beautiful scenery and local hospitality.

Shazza

3. Re: transport from derry airport to smugglers inn,giants causewa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 pm, September 16, 2009