We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Herceg Novi/Djenovici

Norway
2 posts
Save Topic
Herceg Novi/Djenovici

We are considering to go to Montenegro this summer, and wonder if anyone has any useful information/tips about the Herceg Novi Region - where to go - what to do? We are planning to stay in an apartment in Djenovici in the Montenegro Apartments compound (http://montenegroapartments.com/). I know this site is in Norwegian, but does anyone know anything about this place?

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
1 post
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Herceg Novi/Djenovici

I think Herceg Novi and Djenovici is beatiful, and we bought an apartment in Djenovici two years ago at Montenegro Apartments. You'll have to sightsee for a few days. One day in Dubrovnik, one day in the city of Herceg Novi. Then I would rent a car for a day and go towards Budva and spend half a day or so in Kotor on the way. Food: The seafood is great. Ask the friendly people at Montenegro Apartments for directions to the fabolous fish restaurant close to Bijela. Have a nice trip!

london-montenegro
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Herceg Novi/Djenovici

Herceg Novi and Djenovici area look very nice but there is big problem with water supply during the summer.

UK/Montenegro
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Herceg Novi/Djenovici

Herceg Novi, Djenovici, Kumbor & Baosici are neighbouring villages on the coast and are all lovely. Herceg Novi is the main town and therefore has the most going on - lots of restaurants, cafes (go to Gradska Kafana on the main road for the best cappucinos and cakes and one of the best views in the area), bars, open air cinema and theatre (both in old fortresses)... and it's all within walking distance. From the end of the pier you can catch regular ferries to other beaches (Dobrec, a private bay, where they serve fantastic lunch of freshly caught fish, is my personal favourite).

There are regular public buses from Djenovici to Herceg Novi but I prefer the taxis - TaxiMore on 9730 is cheap and reliable with a brand new fleet of cars.

There used to be a water shortage problem but it is getting much better - I was there for the whole of August last year and had no problems whatsoever.

Anything else, I'm happy to help. Have a lovely time!

Berkshire, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Herceg Novi/Djenovici

I used to own a house in Montenegro on Lustica Peninsular, we sold it Oct 2007.

This is a stunning Country and you will have plenty to do. I don't know whether you are aware, but if you wish to travel south you will need to negotiate the ferry or travel round the bay, both can take time. My advice would be to stay somewhere south of the ferry, Tivat, Kotor etc. Kotor is a must to visit as is Budva. There is a fantastic shallow sandy beach in Plavi Horizonti, turn right after the Tivat airport runway towards Radovici, drive uo to the hotel entrance, pay 1.5 euros to park and walk down to the beach. It does get busy in the summer.

If you are flying into Dubrovnik I presume you will have a hire car. A word of advice, always have your lights on and stick to the speed limits, don't drive like the locals. The ferry and borders do get very busy, particularly on Saturdays.

Please do contact me if you want any more information, we've had some great holidays there for the last three years.

Norway
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Herceg Novi/Djenovici

Thank you all for your advices! We have booked a flight to Dubrovnik and will be staying in Djenovici. We will certainly use your advices when planning the details of the holiday!

6. Re: Herceg Novi/Djenovici

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:18 am, September 23, 2009