We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montenegro Airlines

Sydney, Australia
1 post
2 reviews
Save Topic
Montenegro Airlines

Hi - has anyone ever flown Montenegro Airlines? I'm planning to fly from Budva, Montenegro to Cairo, and it seems the most inexpensive route is to take Montenegro Airlines from Podgorica to Rome, and then an Egypt Air flight from Rome to Cairo (even so, it's well over $700USD). I called the number on the website and also emailed them, but it doesn't seem like I can purchase a ticket, just reserve a spot. Is this typical for this airline and is it safe (i.e. it's not a hoax and I won't be stranded and miss my connecting flight)? The other option is to go to Dubrovnik and take a flight from there, but I'm not sure how difficult it would be to get into Croatia. If any one has any thoughts or suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

London, United...
Level Contributor
816 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Montenegro Airlines

They have always been fine when I have used them. I get a friend to purchase the tickets for me and I collect them at the airport, but now I think they have gone ticketless. I am not sure but have you looked at going via Belgrade as JAT did have two flights a week to Cairo.

If you are in Budva the Montenegro flights from Tivat to Belgrade might work out better for you.

Podgorica...
Level Contributor
103 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montenegro Airlines

hi there....

i also suggest flying from tivat to belgrade, using the yugoslav airline (based in serbia) JAT...

montenegroairlines tends to be late or leaves early without prior notice, and i prefer to fly with JAT...they also have an english website www.jat.com/www.jat.co.yu as opposed to montenegroairlines whose website serves only to provide information and leaves you clueless as to how you can buy the tickets...(especially when they don't answer emails or the telephone..) been there, done that...

if you need more info, ask, i'm montenegrin currently working abroad but know a lot about it..