We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Opera in Italy

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
6 posts
201 reviews
Save Topic
Opera in Italy

My Husband and I are planning a trip to Italy, 10/01/10- 10/15/10. We will fly into Zurich, spend a day in Lucerne then drive to Baveno for 3 days, then to Venice for 3 days and 3 days in Montalcino. We would like to see an Italian Opera while there. Any suggestions or inThanksformation sources would be appreciated

nashville
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Opera in Italy

the Fenice in Venice (recently rebuilt since it burned to the ground in a contract dispute) is one of the great opera houses of Italy -- if you can book tickets for your time in Venice do so

I would not bother with small town opera -- our experience with that has been grim in the extreme -- there is a lot of bad opera in Italy just as anywhere else where essentially amateur operations are run -- opera lends its self less well to amateur or 4th rate performance than other types of performance

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Opera in Italy

Rigoletto is playing at the Fenice on the 5th and 6th, which looks as though it might coincide with your time in Venice:

teatrolafenice.it/cartellone_calendario.php…

3. Re: Opera in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:25 am, October 12, 2010