We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Topic
Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Going to Isola Rossa for honeymoon in May and really looking forward to it. I hear it's expensive and have paid a decent amount to go. Has anyone got any info on how it actualy is? Any info would be greatly appreciated on anything really.

south wales
Level Contributor
166 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

we also had our honeymoon in Isola rossso staying at the marinedda Hotel, obviously drinks were more expensive at the hotel than out in the town but not ridiculously so

We would have lunch at the bech bars which gain was not extortionate cant really remember costs butyou wont find sardinia unless you are in the Costa Esmeralda to be hugely expensive, i personally find eating and drinking out in UK to be expensive and avoid it whenever i can. ALso if you are hiring a car take a trip to Costa Paradiso for te beach, and the inland village of San Panataleo

Cheers

Sav

Edited: 2:39 pm, February 04, 2011
Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Thanks for the email Sav, greatly appreciated.

We are staying at the Merinedda which is half board so we may end up doing pretty much the same as yourself, eating out at lunch times and having dinner at the hotel most nights.

I'l bear in mind the places you mention too as i would like to get out and about a bit.

You wouldnt happen to know the cost of taxi's would you? Our travel agent is charging us nearly £350 for transfer from Olbia airport to hotel and im wondering whether to cancel and arrange my own taxi for it.

Thanks Sav

south wales
Level Contributor
166 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Tht taxi sounds very expensive to me, If I were you I would firstly email the hotel for a price (probably wont be open until April though) and also google taxi firms in olbia and contact them for a price, furthermore easyjet do a transfer service called easybus they may do Isola Rosso.

The Marinedda is a superb hotel with excellent facilities, make sure they know it is your honeymoon.

Cheers

Salv

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Thanks again for your email Salv.

As it happens i did email the hotel and they have told me they can sort the taxi for 105 euros each way which is far better.

Looking forward to it big time now. Thanks again for your replies Salv.

Martin

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Hi, we also stayed at Marinedda, its beautiful... The resort has a transport service from Olbia for 100 euro, we negotiated a private taxi on arrival at Olbia port for 80 euro. We also asked him to come and get us for our departure. It is quite a long drive. The food at the resort is to die for, believe me you hardly need lunch. In the eveing you have a choice of the buffet which was really great, or a la carte in a different area which is a bit special. Drink the local wine in the restaurant, its really nice especially a chardonnay (cant remember the name...) The restaurant at the beach is great for a cheap lunch. Panini and a beer for less than 10 euro. In the village Isola Rossa, there is a choice of cheap places to eat, a few nice gift shops, and a couple supermarkets.

Prince George
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Have you compared the quoted taxi price to that of renting a car for you stay? It might come in close but you'll have the added ability to explore the region as you please.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Hi, thanks for the email.

I have arranged a taxi with the hotel to and from the airport. Im not that kean on driving whilst there as it happens, although being able to get about as we please would be good. I might look intoit further.

Thanks

Martin

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

Thanks for your email Vicki, its very welcome.

Its all sounds pretty good to meand now only a few weeks till we go. Most people seem to say that the food is very good so looking forward to that for certain. Its a shame I dont drink wine though because others have commented on how good it too. Thanks again.

Martin

9. Re: Isola Rossa Honeymoon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:15 pm, January 05, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Isola Rossa