We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

Which Cadenabbia di Griante hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cambridge, New...
3 posts
Save Topic
Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

Has any reviewers stayed recently at the above hotel at Cadenabbia, I have read older reviews and have a huge concern re staying there, has the hotel gone through a recent upgrade that might make the stay nicer? Also if this Hotel does not come up to scratch any recommendations e.g. Mallagio?

Thanks in advance.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

I know the hotel was renovated a couple of years ago so the rooms should be very nice, but most of the guests that stay there are British tourists on bus tours. I would check out hotels in Menaggio the Grand Hotel Victoria is very nice.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

When you ask for recommendations for Mallagio, do you mean Menaggio? as I've never heard of Mallagio

Cambridge, New...
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

Thank you, I am not familiar with some of the names yet so Menaggio will be correct, I am really looking foward to visiting this area of your country.

England
Level Contributor
4,033 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

There's a kgb offer on at the mo, for the Beritannia. The price is good, but looking at the TA reviews for the hotel it is the usual range from terrible to fabulous with you get what yo pay for in between.

so I have reservations about booking.

Also what would it be like end of october / beginning of November, weather wise.?

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

It isn't a great time to visit the lake because most places are closed for the season and if its bad weather it will be very cold and damp and is also usually very foggy so you can't see much that's why the Brittania is so cheap but you may get lucky and the weather will be good but it will be cold so take warm clothes.

England
Level Contributor
4,033 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

thanks

Watford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

I have just come back. The hotel is an odd mix and housed over two adjoining buildings. A very nice reception area and lounge( with no bar). The bar is in a large room downstairs that resembles a working men's club. It is a matter of taste but I preferred not to spend my evening there listening to singing organ player. A nice sun terrace overlooking lake. We had a quiet room on the 6th floor which was clean and had a good shower. Lovely view but the room but was small and no comfy chair to sit in bit of a route march to access. two separate lifts and stairs!.

The restaurant is very busy we found it best to wait until 8.20pm when there was more of a chance of finding a table easily.Food is served help your self buffet style. Fish available every night, selection of hot meat dishes, vegetables, salad bar, pasta and pizza, Lots of different pasta salads. Pool lovely but only opens at 9am so early swim not possible.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

Thanks for your review, good info for those planning to stay there.

Cumbria
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

I have just booked a trip to the brittania excelsior for next year and really am apprehensive about going with some of the reviews I have read

Morecambe
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel Brittania Excelsior review

don't go

Get answers to your questions about Cadenabbia di Griante