We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ialyssos Bay Hotel

merseyside
Level Contributor
390 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Ialyssos Bay Hotel

Hi thinking of going here in sept 2012 for week just wondering is it for us, we getting on a bit,ha ha and like things to see /do, nice and hot weather, beer/ nice food and relaxing. Any one got ant thoughts never been to greece.

Thanks Moll

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

Hi there

Just be aware that the western coast of Rhodes, where this hotel is, can be very windy and the beaches are predominently pebbly. Big plusses though are that it's close to the airport and to Rhodes Town.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

A plus being close to the airport re transfer time

Could be a big minus with some aircraft noise

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

We always stay in Kremasti which is just south of Ialyssos and even nearer to the airport and being so close to the airport is never an issue for us.

I agree with the earlier comments that it is windier on the west coast compared with the east coast, but again the wind is never a problem for us and is actually cooling on any very hot days.

Rent a car during your visit and go out and explore to get the most out of visiting Rhodes.

Edited: 1:59 pm, February 08, 2012
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

We stayed at Svoronata on Kefalonia a few years ago, just 2 kms from the airport and we hardly heard a thing. There are loads of resorts on the inbound approach to the main airport in Crete, again, I've stayed as close as 3 kms from the airport there and it's not an issue regarding noise. All these modern Boeings and Airbuses have second generation "quiet" engines.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,073 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

Hi

From memory, I seem to remember that the flight path is over the sea in Ixia and Ialyssos, getting near the shore only in the south-western side of Trianda. As long as you aren't the sort of person who is really annoyed by plane noise, I don't think it will be a problem.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

Not like being on the beach at St Maartens Steve....:0) Modern planes these days emit more of a "whine" than a "roar" from the engines anyway.

Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

The fights overhead are not the problem.Ialyssos is !.I have stayed there twice whilst on tours with Saga.The beach is large stones and shelves quickly into the sea.I had to rescue one of our party from drowning.

Most hotels are a long way from the bus stop into town.Although the hotels are of high quality here .My advice would be head for the east side of the island.Lovely sandy beaches,good transport links.

You have made a good choice with Rhodes it's a fantastic island,and i'v been to quite a few

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

Ialyssos may not be everyone's personal cup of tea, but it's a bit strong to write it off merely because you had to "rescue one of your friends from drowning" and because the beaches are pebbly.

9. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 3:58 pm, February 11, 2012
Cannock, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Ialyssos Bay Hotel

I didn't "choose " to return as such.

Saga do wonderful tours of three islands.The first was Rhodes,symi and Leros.

Then the following year they changed the islands to Rhodes,Kos and Patmos.

So they chose the accomodation,and it was changed between booking and the holiday the second time.

I foung Rhodes to be a wonderful island,and have returned several times since,booking either independently or with Olympic.I just feel there are so many lovely places to stay.especially for first timers to Greece.

Get answers to your questions about Ialyssos