We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dionysos closing early

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Dionysos closing early

Hi,

My sister and I were originally booked into the Dionysos in ixia, travelling next weekend 19th October for a week. We have just been told the Dionysos is closing early and we are being moved to the Mitsis Grand in Rhodes town. They told us that the Mitsis is a better hotel, does anyone know if this is true? I have looked at the reviews and it seems OK.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,823 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dionysos closing early

I am afraid booking a holiday in October is always risky.

Hotels will at short notice decide to close

You should be OK @ the Mitsis

Rhodes Town will be busier than Ixia

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,565 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dionysos closing early

I don't know the Mitsis Grand but for your dates I'd say Rhodes Town is a much better base. Ixia is a seasonal resort and will be very much winding down towards the end of the month.

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
1,142 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Dionysos closing early

Hi. Please don't worry. while the Dionysos is a lovely hotel (and has quite a few fans on this forum) The Mitsis Grand is virtually on the beach - just cross the road, is located in Rhodes New town and so handy for restaurants, bars and clubs that remain open much later in the season and is much bigger with a choice of its own restaurants and bars. come with an open mind about the weather and enjoy ;-)

Essex, UK
Level Contributor
903 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dionysos closing early

We came back from Ixia on Saturday, and a lot of places were closing down this week, so you will definitely be better in Rhodes Town. We drove past the Mitsis on several occasions and it looked OK.

Weather is lovely during the day, but the last couple of evenings we definitely needed a jacket! Take sturdy shoes for walking around the Old Town, the cobbles are a killer!

mid wales
Level Contributor
259 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dionysos closing early

The Grand is in a great location and I've heard many good reports. Enjoy!

West Yorkshire
Level Contributor
10 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dionysos closing early

Thank you, really looking forward to it. Only 5 more sleeps!

7. Re: Dionysos closing early

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, October 16, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town