We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nathalie Hotel Ixia

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Nth Wales
Level Contributor
662 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Nathalie Hotel Ixia

Am looking at this hotel for an option for late August or early September as have stayed in many places , islands and mainland, in Greece and wonder if this hotel is very close to a good beach , buses/taxis to Rhodes as like the authentic touch it appears to have but need to be safely mobile now and love to eat in tavernas. Any thoughts will be welcome and I love to swim too!

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nathalie Hotel Ixia

Hi

If by saying "good" beach you were hoping for sand, then I am afraid Ixia bay is a pebble beach, with no sand. It can be quite painful underfoot, but once in the sea it's ok to swim in. The sea is a little choppy too.

On the west of the island there is always a slight breeze, which is very nice in the very hot months.

There is an excellent bus link to rhodes town, with busses running about every 10 mins. Just look out for the yellow bus stops, also taxies are very frequent and you can easily flag one down.

There are a few restaurants on the Ixia strip with Le gourmet being one of the best for authentic greek food, and Villa de mare on the opposite side of the strip is also well with a vist.

Ixia will make a great base for exploring the island.

Nth Wales
Level Contributor
662 posts
195 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nathalie Hotel Ixia

Shame about the pebbles as otherwise looks lovely and would still like to stay around here. Just looked at Hotel Dionysos which says has a shingle beach near and quote , a pleasant walk to centre of Ixia . Any comments and thanks for a quick reply ?

cumbria
Level Contributor
289 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nathalie Hotel Ixia

Hi

I have never stayed at the hotel you mention, but I am sure someone on here will have, and will be able to help you.

Yes the shingle beach will be the same pebble beach..but there are sunbeds available, if you would like a day at the beach, my greek friends always go to the beach.

As I mentioned earlier Ixia is a great base, and I hope if you go you will have a fantastic time!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,396 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nathalie Hotel Ixia

Both are good hotels, it just depends on what you're looking for. Dionysos is a large hotel with more grounds so larger pool, tennis courts, etc. whereas Nathalie is a much smaller, family run concern.

South Shields...
Level Contributor
199 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nathalie Hotel Ixia

dionysos is a lovely hotel great choice and is up a side street set back ,takes less than 5mins to walk on to the strip then just cross the road and the beach is there or if I remember rthere is a underpass that goes straight to beach without crossing road

6. Re: Nathalie Hotel Ixia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town