We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ixian Grand Hotel

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Ixian Grand Hotel

My boyfriend and I will be staying at the Ixian Grand for a fortnight next week, due to the not so nice reviews I am a little worried. We are expecting the bar prices to be extortionate and wondered if anyone could recommend any good bars? We are in our 20's but are not looking for anything wild - this is a holiday to relax :)

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ixian Grand Hotel

Bars are only a short walking distance (10 minutes) from the Ixian Grand which are located nearby on the main road from the airport to Rhodes Town.

You also will only be a short walk to a bus stop (10 minutes) if you want to travel into Rhodes Town and Old Town, which is an absolute must visit place!

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ixian Grand Hotel

Thanks jamkart!

We are really looking forward to visiting Rhodes Old Town, have heard so many great things about it.

Rotherham
Level Contributor
44 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ixian Grand Hotel

Hi there,

we had family and friends staying in the Ixian Grand last september. The hotel is gorgeous and so are the rooms and pool area.

The drink and snack prices in the hotel are crazy. My husband and I paid 30 euros for 2 toasties and 1 bottle of water and 1 coke!! Best avoid paying for things inside the hotel!!

Approx 2 mins walk there is a bar called Phillips that does a good pint of beer for 2.5 Euros and snack menu is very cheap. My husband says it's the best gyros in Rhodes.

Approx 5 - 10 mins stroll up the road you will come to a few bars where beer starts at 1.5 euro and cocktails from about 4 euros. We loved FBI, the atmosphere is great and the bar staff really friendly and quick.

We would recommend you try Blueeyes cocktail bar, this is located just up a side next to Jason restaurant. The beer is 1.5 and they do some gorgeous cocktails. The bar has had a referb in the winter and we spent loads of time there when we went in May this year. Say hi to Simon & Anna, they will really look after you!!

I hope you have a great time, we go back in 6 weeks and I cant wait :)

Davina

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
7 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ixian Grand Hotel

Hi Davina, thanks so much for your help!

30 euros!! What a joke, don't think we'll be having lunch at the hotel if that's the case. We will definitely check out your recommendations.

Can't wait to get over there and enjoy the sunshine :)

Caitlin

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ixian Grand Hotel

Number one rule when eating out especially in big hotels.

Look at the menue before you order

6. Re: Ixian Grand Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, October 07, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town