We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget accommodation for a solo traveller

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Budget accommodation for a solo traveller

Hi

I am in Rhodes for a few days in September and am looking for a budget place to sleep. I don't plan to be there much. I thought the was a hostel but can't find the details anymore.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Skopelos
Level Contributor
37,502 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Budget accommodation for a solo traveller

Hey and welcome ajk1212:-) Don't know about a hostel.. if there is one or not.. but you may want to check out www.spothotelrhodes.gr/ Smack in the Old Town.. fabulous place with great hosts;-) Happy planning.. and enJOY!

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Budget accommodation for a solo traveller

There was a hostel in the Old Town many years ago but not sure if it still exists? New Town is your best bet for cheaper hotels. Check Trivago for rates, Als, Parthenon and Ambassador are all decent budget options that often have good rates, Alexia often offer cheap rates on there too. A lot more tired looking but ok if you just want a central, budget base.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
11,838 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Budget accommodation for a solo traveller

Your best bet is the Old town, there are a lot of small rooms for rent places and hotels within those walls.

Basically map wise it's mostly the bottom two thirds of the area, south of Socratous St the main tourist drag. look for hand written signs whilst going around. Some are cheap and basic some have been 'boutiqued' and pricey.

The new town is a second option, a larger area and the range of prices is varied but there are cheaper ones in there. Try the area about 2-3 blocks east of Orfanidou St which is the well known bar Street of Rhodes new town, on the west side, one block in from the sea. The Alexia is prominent there, but there are cheaper options a block or two away.

Kelso
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Budget accommodation for a solo traveller

There is a youth hostel in the heart of the old town. I haven't stayed there but walked past it often. It doesn't look particularly attractive, but if you're looking for a budget place, it might suit. Check out this website

www.hostel.freevar.com

If you don't mind going on speck, there are quite a few small places offering rooms in the old town, which you will see just wandering around the backstreets. I hope you manage to find something to suit your budget.

Bob

5. Re: Budget accommodation for a solo traveller

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 12, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town