We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mitsis Grand location?

Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Mitsis Grand location?

Hi all,

As expected our original booking in Kiotari has been amended due to the hotel not opening until 3rd April. We do have the option to move to Kiotari on the 3rd but are now considering just staying put in Rhodes Town.

Could anyone advise me on the true location of this hotel? Is it walking distance to the New and Old town and the Harbour? Also are there nice bars and restaurants that will be open at this time of year within walking distance?

I have been keeping a close eye on the weather too and it seems to be warming up a little so fingers crossed for a nice couple of weeks.

Any advice/info would be gratefully recieved!

Many thanks

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mitsis Grand location?

This is the Grand Hotel in Rhodes Town: http://g.co/maps/bt76z

If you zoom out you will be able to navigate around Rhodes Town and the Old Town

Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Mitsis Grand location?

Thanks for that, although I can't work out how long it would take to walk this! It looks pretty far to me!

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mitsis Grand location?

Taking the most direct route, Its about a 15-20 minute walk into the Old Town.

For info, one of my sisters stayed at the Grand last August - she really liked it.

Cheers,

Dave.

Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Mitsis Grand location?

Ah great, thanks for that Dave. Glad to hear she liked it, it seems to have quite mixed reviews.

I take it Rhodes town is quite safe for two young (pushing 30!) girls to be walking around in the evening?

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mitsis Grand location?

Yes, I would say it is very safe - obviously you need to be sensible but, in years of visiting, I have always found it a very safe place to visit, including wandering around off the beaten track in the back street of the Old Town at all times of day and night.

Enjoy,

Dave.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,966 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mitsis Grand location?

Rhodes Town will be a much better location compared with Kiotari at this time of year. I am sure you will be thankful that your initial choice was closed.

Everywhere in Rhodes Town is walking distance.

Don’t expect to be able to use the outdoor swimming pools however because the pool water temperature will be freezing as they are not heated.

7. Re: Mitsis Grand location?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, June 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town
Recent Conversations