We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving (and parking) in Rhodes

London, United...
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Driving (and parking) in Rhodes

I'm visiting Rhodes for 2 nights 3 days and staying in Camelot in the Old Town. On day 2 I will likely to rent a car and explore the rest of the island but am concerned where I can park the car overnight since I am staying within the Old Town walls. Can someone suggest where is the best place to park?

Thanks.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,822 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Driving (and parking) in Rhodes

There are plenty of pay & display spaces just outside the walls.

You may even be lucky & find a free space close to the windmills @ Mandraki

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Driving (and parking) in Rhodes

Plenty of free spaces around even over the last 2 weeks in August but, if you do park in a pay and display space (blue markings), dependant on time of day, I would suggest you make sure you buy a ticket; on previous trips we have commented that the only people buying tickets were us tourists in hire cars but, on 2 occasions last week, we saw police officers out in force and merrily giving tickets out to, both hire and local, cars around the New Market area in RT.

Possibly a crack down as part of clamping down on direct/indirect taxation seemingly taking place at the moment??

Dave.

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Driving (and parking) in Rhodes

Hi Dave,

When I at the New Market towards the end of July the parking police were out in force and booking everyone who hadn't paid or overstayed including some shop owners. Quite amusing to watch the arguements even though I couldn't understand them.

Cheers

Dave

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Driving (and parking) in Rhodes

The parking around the old town walls by the harbour was chaotic with cars being parked anywhere. In early August there were never any visible parking patrols in the early evening and many parked cars had not bothered to display pay & display tickets.

It was annoying that I had paid to park and several hours later when I returned to my car, all the nearby cars that had not displayed pay & display tickets, had enjoyed free parking without penalty.

5. Re: Driving (and parking) in Rhodes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, October 18, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town