We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tummy bug at grand hotel

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
scotland
Level Contributor
26 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
tummy bug at grand hotel

Have read a few reviews of grand hotel recently and I am slightly concerned as several reviewers have mentioned tummy bug whilst staying there over the past few weeks. Flying out next week for 7 days and looking forawrd to it. Anyone any comments to make! Thanks

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: tummy bug at grand hotel

It is rather unfair to blame the hotel for your illness. In July, almost every resident of Athens had it. As GB said, you were just unlucky.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: tummy bug at grand hotel

How should I know? It would appear though from my friends in northern Crete that many, many people there (locals and visitors) have also been affected by this bug. and it also seems to have done the rounds in Athens and the mainland. Do you have to read about in the papers to believe that it's happened?

Athens
Level Contributor
18,811 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: tummy bug at grand hotel

Well it was on the telly several times. The children's hospital of Athens was beyond its capacity for a few days and there were doctors giving the usual advice of drinking lots of fluids and using soft Tee Pee.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,039 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: tummy bug at grand hotel

To GB. I was not doubting it happened. Just wondered why I had not read about it on any of the news sites .

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,922 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: tummy bug at grand hotel

Looking at the recent reviews for the Grand Hotel on Trip Advisor, nearly all of the current reviews mention issues with guest’s illnesses at this hotel. The reports don't paint a very good picture about the Grand!

16. Re: tummy bug at grand hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 08, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town