We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in Rhodes Town?

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in Rhodes Town?

We will be arriving by car on 29th October, where will it be easiest to park so we can walk to our hotel in the Old Town? Will it be best to go to the harbour front to park until we find our way around & possible alternatives?

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,750 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

Next to the port , where Symi & Turkey boats depart is pay & display car park. Old Town is just across the road. You could try parking by the windmills @ Mandraki. Its free parking, but because of that finding empty space is not always possible.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

This may be tricky to find, but once you find it, it will provide you a place to park within the walls of Old Town. After you pass most of the major entrances to Old Town, with the sea on your left, heading in the direction of "new" port, you will find parking along the Fortress Walls..There is a parking lot (a hidden gem) near the ruins of the Cathedral of St Katherines,behind the Fortress walls, and very close to "Laganas" Restaurant (which I reccomend for traditional fare...reasonable, and the owner is great)..I think you enter from the Port or Myllon Gate, but park on the edge of town, and have your hotel direct you to the closest parking..do not drive in Old Town, unless you know where you are going..I somehow managed to find this hidden gem of a car park,years ago, after a couple of crazy quick turns..sorry I'm not more help..maybe I could dash over, and drive you and P, into town...you know I'd love it!!!

have fun! xo jb

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

Thanks! I like the sound of a personal driver:)) Will see if I can find this place for parking, the harbour may have to do until we have got our bearings though!!

I think Mandraki will be too far away when we have the luggage.

Old Forge, New York
Destination Expert
for Old Forge, Utica
Level Contributor
2,306 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

where are u staying?

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

Hi Yiassas

We always park on the quayside by the old windmills and the castle of Agios Nikolaos. Last time we did it was still free but it can be a bit tight to turn when the spaces are all full so we usually make the u-turn prior to parking to avoid ending up in the harbour later on!

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

Hi,

By the time you arrive in Rhodes Town the main tourist season will be over so parking should be, by comparison to a few weeks earlier, a doddle.

As above, where are you staying in the Old Town?

Cheers,

Dave.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

I figured it would be quieter, hoping there's not too many people still around after the Ochi Day celebrations, that's why it will be at least lunch time before we get there!

Sending you a pm Dave.

Athens, Greece
Destination Expert
for Peloponnese, Athens
Level Contributor
9,467 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

Thankyou to all! Special thanks to Dave for the detailed pm's!

I will have my good scale map next week, so hopefully will work out all the locations & advice I've been given!

9. Re: Parking in Rhodes Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 29, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town