We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

taxi Rhodes to Lindos

maryland, usa
6 posts
Save Topic
taxi Rhodes to Lindos

Does anyone have an idea what I might have to pay for a taxi from the port to Lindos and return? The cruise ship's excursions look way to steep to me,

Mentioned in this post
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: taxi Rhodes to Lindos

When we stopped off on Rhodes, on a cruise, we had the best part of the day there, so we took the bus to Lindos. It only takes about 40 minutes and the timetables are clearly shown, so you can easily plan your day.

Why not have a go at this?

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes
Rhodes
Dodecanese, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,866 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: taxi Rhodes to Lindos

The taxi fare last year was 40 euros and will take around 30-40 minutes. The bus is cheaper (last summer 4.30 euros one way) but i think 40 minutes is a bit hopeful, it'd take that long without any stops. In my experience the bus can take anything between 1 to 1 and 1/2 hours.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: taxi Rhodes to Lindos

Hi there

Totally agree - a taxi'll cost 45-50 euros either way whereas the regular bus will cost around 4,50 euros per person each way. It drops you on the main road at the top of the village from where it's a 5 min walk downhill to the village then another 10-15 mins up to the Acropolis.

There are plenty of buses each way throughout the day.

Look at www.ando.gr/eot/eng/BUS_SUMMER.pdf

It is still showing 2008 bus times but these are unlikely to change for 2009.

4. Re: taxi Rhodes to Lindos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:25 pm, October 23, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town