We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

New Zealand
9 posts
Save Topic
ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

Hi,

I'm wondering how often the ferries will be running from Rhodes to Crete in April?

The only timetables I have been able to find online are from October... maybe they haven't changed since then?

Weesp, The...
Level Contributor
3,020 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

There is at the moment the connection GA Ferries twice per week from Rhodes to Heraklion , Crete.

From the middle of April starts the Flying Dolphin connection, which is almost every day.

The new time tables are not online yet, I think within next week

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
12,756 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

Hi

There's a 1-2 times per week ferry service with G&A ferries to Sitia and Heraklion, that's all year. Probably easiest to fly with Olympic Airways or Sky Express to Sitia/Heraklion, about 5-7 days per week.

http://www.olympicairlines.com/

http://www.skyexpress.gr/

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

Another way would be via Santorini. There is a 3 times/week Blue Star to there from Rhodes, and starting 10th April, the FlyingCat 4 catamaran from Santorini to Heraklion. The only catch is, Blue Star arrives on Santorini at 00:40am, and FC4 departs for Heraklion at 5:45pm. Late night hotel check-in, followed by a day on Santorini?

New Zealand
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

Thanks for your help, might be nice to go via Santorini! I haven't been there.

Greece
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

The boat to crete mostly departs rhodes during the night,

You can get some information by calling the port call center at 0030 2241028888, there is english operator look for the daily program and look for IERAPETRA Ferry which is the Ferry to Crete.

Newmarket, United...
Destination Expert
for Antiparos
Level Contributor
7,545 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

Hi tikikoala,

Not knowing your full itinerary, I threw in the Rhodes - Santorini - Crete routing as a possible alternative. If you've never been there before, it's worth spending more than just one day.

There may be a better way to plan your itinerary, but you need to give us a little more info. For example, Crete first, then Santorini and Rhodes. That way you can take FlyingCat 4 in the morning from Heraklion to Santorini, and stay there a couple of days. Then board Blue Star at midnight on Santorini, sleep in a cabin overnight, and arrive on Rhodes at 7:40 the next morning - most of your travelling done while you are asleep. :-)

http://www.ferries.gr/hfd/default.htm

bluestarferries.com/dromologia/Frames.asp…

New Zealand
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

Hi,

Thank you for your suggestions. I don't really have much of an itinerary! I will be starting from Rhodes, in early April, and hope to meet up with a friend on Crete in time for Orthodox Easter.

I don't want to commit to too many plans but I do need to give my friend some idea of when and where I'll be meeting her (she'll be coming from a totally different direction than me). So I'll look out for the new ferry timetables over the next week or so.

If the Rhodes - Crete connection doesn't look like it's going to work for me then perhaps I'll look at going via Santorini.

Are any of you on Rhodes or Crete at the moment? What will the weather be like in April?

Thanks again for your help :-)

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

skyexpress timetables for early April should be out in a few days time. At the moment there are daily flights from RHODES to Heraklion, sometimes more than one flt per day. Baggage limitations no more than 13 kilos per person, this being the major disadvantage, - this will be the most time efficient way, other than the flying dolphin Albert mentioned. The conventional ferry is a long slow tug.

9. Re: ferry from Rhodes to Crete in April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 am, October 22, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town