We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Interesting things to do for a blind person

Liverpool
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Interesting things to do for a blind person

Hi Guys, I'm going to Faliraki with friends next week and I'm wondering what places we can visit that I could appreciate. I'm a bit scared that Lindos may be a bit'hairy' for me and some archaeological sites may be a bit hazardous but I'm looking forward to Rhodes Town.

Also are there any good boat trips and when does the Aqua park close?

Thanks

Sue

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Interesting things to do for a blind person

Hello Sue

Some of the walkways and open staircases that lead up to Lindos Acropolis have no guard rails and therefore might pose a problem. But if you kept to the inside with a friend on your right arm, I'm sure you'd be fine. The terrain at the Acropolis is quite uneven but again, I assume you'll have the assistance of your pals?

Rhodes Old Town is essentially flat but some of the old streets are quite uneven and some are cobbled. The best and most popular boat trip from Rhodes' Mandraki harbour is to the island of Symi - this takes most of the day and it makes two stops on the island, one at the Monastery of Panormitis then at Gialos, (Symi Town).

I would imagine the waterpark at Faliraki would stay open till the end of the season which is the last week of October.

For lots of sounds and fresh air, you could head down to Prasonissi at the far south of the island. It's here that the Med and the Aegean meet and are separated by a narrow sand bar. The Med is usually quite calm whilst the Aegean is usually very rough, with breakers crashing onto the sand bar.

For tradition, head for the little village of Askelepio - this is a few kms inland from the southeast coastal resort of Kiotari. The village is fairly flat, and if you get there by mid morning, the local open bread ovens are usually filling the village with wonderful aromas.

2. Re: Interesting things to do for a blind person

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, October 11, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town