We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kiotari Bay hotel Rhodes.

carlaroopo
1 post
Save Topic
Kiotari Bay hotel Rhodes.

My advise to anyone travelling to this hotel would be to either change hotels completley or pay the extra to stay at the Miraluna Part of the hotel.

Upon arrival at 5.30am with 2 children and a baby we were directed to our rooms with our luggage. We were then wandering around trying to find our room for 30mins. With the new limits for baby milk on planes we needed access to evian bottled water upon arrival (which we had requested in advance)when I asked the manager behind the counter he proceeded to give me their verson of Evian after having a swig out of the bottle!

There was a smell of drains throughout the whole complex which leaked into the rooms. I complained about this and there did seem to be caretakers cleaning the drains but the smell remained.

The food was pretty much the same every night and the majority of it was german food, actually if you are german you seem to get preferential treatment.

The food was also cold if you didn't get there quick enough and the kids option consisted of fidhfingers and chips every night bar one night in 2 weeks when they got nuggets, with chips of course!

The brochure also says that there are unbrellas and chairs at the beach which actually cost 6 euros.

In fact they seemed to try and get money out you at every opportunity. The all inclusive hotel is far from inclusive at one point they decided to reuse the oranges from the previous nights dinner and try to charge 2 euros for the privelidge of juicing them!

There is a lot of bad things i could say about this hotel but I won't bother just please take my advice and don't spend the money here the hotel in my opinion is a poor 3 star NOT 4 star.

I also told the manager I would be posting this on my return.

London
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Kiotari Bay hotel Rhodes.

I have always said to people to check which part of the complex they are in as in the brochures the miraluna part is what draws people in and then when they arrive they are put in the other half.

the Kiotari Bay bit is in my opinion pretty badly designed - not only are some rooms a nightmare to find but if you notice as you walk down towards the kids pool the room doors are facing you ......great for the sunny days but when you have two days of storms where is the rain running to? yes straight under the door - the carpets in those rooms must be pretty revolting ! (this happened sept 06 and lots complaints for ruined shoes/cases that had been on floor)

2. Re: Kiotari Bay hotel Rhodes.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:16 am, October 11, 2009