We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

earthquakes

Which Rhodes Town hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Durham, United...
Level Contributor
4,156 posts
112 reviews
Save Topic
earthquakes

just heard there was a earthquake on 15th july at 6.4,is this normal. im goin in setember and its a bit worrying.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,034 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: earthquakes

Where have u BEEN ? The earthquakes were reported on here at the time. There were 2 earthquakes. One on Tuesday , followed by a smaller one on Wednesday. Not much damage .Much more done by the fires a few days later.The previous quake was about 20 years ago.Do not worry.

Rhodes Town, Greece
Level Contributor
519 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: earthquakes

There is no need to worry, there are regular tremors in Greece but you won't feel most of them. Don't let the thoughts of this spoil your holiday!!

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
1,895 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: earthquakes

Don't worry, earthquakes in Rhodes area are usually indermediate depth ones, causing minimal damage. Enjoy your trip!

Cheshire, Uk
Level Contributor
130 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: earthquakes

Don't be worried. The Earthquake woke me up as the bed was shaking but to be honest I wasn't that worried, it was just a bit of a strange experience. I didn't even feel the one on the Wednesday.

5. Re: earthquakes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 pm, October 05, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town