We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rhodes_Limitation in TripAdvisor Support Information

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Rhodes_Limitation in TripAdvisor Support Information

I am sorry to find that even in its top destination of Europe 2008 - RHODES - TripAdvisor provides scant direct information in the link "Rhodes Overview". I have an idea that TripAdvisor used to provide a basic overview giving the history and some background knowledge for most destinations. Now the direct information is concentrated on hotels and background knowledge about the destination is left to traveller's reviews. No direct Overview is being provided by TripAdvisor.

I do hope this will change.

Regards

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rhodes_Limitation in TripAdvisor Support Information

Hi there

I recently acquired Rhodes as a DE and will certainly be writing Inside Pages for the island as and when times permits to include the resorts, best beaches, getting around, top sights and so on. If you take a look at my Inside Pages for Kefalonia, you will see that they are quite expansive and this is the format I will use for Rhodes.

In the meanwhile, why not invest in a decent guide book such as the Rough Guide to the Dodecanese which will fill in all the gaps for you?

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
213 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rhodes_Limitation in TripAdvisor Support Information

Of course GBfromDevizes, there are many other sites on the Web too, giving information on Rhodes. I was only remarking on the absence of a brief background page where the history and the main architectural attractions are given. I know this will not substitute for a proper guide for a visitor, but it makes for a good beginning to TripAdvisor's site on Rhodes or any other destination. I just had this idea, that the earlier format was designed to provide this kind of a background to the Overview, but I may be wrong. Best wishes

3. Re: Rhodes_Limitation in TripAdvisor Support Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:20 am, October 02, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Rhodes Town