We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Will it be a big disappointment ?

Stockton-on-Tees...
Level Contributor
1,119 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Will it be a big disappointment ?

Had my first holiday without kids to faliraki ten years ago booked a late deal stayed in a basic apartment but really enjoyed it

The year after went to Kos again basic but a dump we decided we work to hard for our holidays and for the next 8 years we've done 4-5 star all inclusive from Cyprus turkey Egypt Cuba and Zante

Eight years on and being bored with all inc we've decided to go back to faliraki for a week possibly September self catering or b&b

After trawling through TA it seems as tho its gone downhill with empty bars and shops

So should i be looking at a different part of rhodes and if so where?

Not to far from the airport nice beach on the doorstep small apartment complex but not to busy a resort

Any suggestions appreciated

Anita

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Will it be a big disappointment ?

Love Faliraki We've been for the last 3 years running, Popped over for 2 nights from Marmaris 2 weeks ago and I'm saddened to say that its is dying :(.

Bars all empty and because of the awful exchange rate on the Euro was very expensive aswell!!

Even my favourite bar "The Loft" was full of blokes in their 50s singing power ballads on the karaoke!!

Hope it picks up again as i really do love the place the beach, people and the food are the best!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Will it be a big disappointment ?

The exchange rate right now is admittedly a bit lower than at this time last year, but not by a vast amount. This time in 2012 it was around 1,20, right now it's about 1,14.

Kingston upon...
Level Contributor
371 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Will it be a big disappointment ?

I'm in my fifties, and quite enjoy a good old power ballad.

14. Re: Will it be a big disappointment ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 11, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Faliraki
Recent Conversations