We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

colonial family apartments or Sun Maris Studios?

Helsinki, Finland
Level Contributor
22 posts
100 reviews
Save Topic
colonial family apartments or Sun Maris Studios?

Which one do people recommed for a middle age couple. We would like to have restaurants within walking distance, nice pool and reasonably peaceful place to stay. Room can be simple, but we´d like to spend time in balcony/ terrace.

Any advice appreciated!

Both of these options sound lovely!

Are there similar options by the sea?

Thank you!

Surrey, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: colonial family apartments or Sun Maris Studios?

i will be curious to see what type of response there is as we are seriously considering the apartments, the ongoing email discussion with Steve at the Colonial is making us lean that way....

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: colonial family apartments or Sun Maris Studios?

Hello. I would go for the Colonial

The Sun Maris are on the main Rhodes Town to Lindos road so a lot of passing traffic including coaches & heavy lorries

The Colonial is on the road out of Faliraki to Kalithies village & so there is much less traffic

Mentioned in this post
Rhodes Town
Rhodes Town
Rhodes, Greece
Lindos
Lindos
Rhodes, Greece
Faliraki
Faliraki
Rhodes, Greece
Rhodes, Greece
Level Contributor
1,007 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: colonial family apartments or Sun Maris Studios?

The Sun Maris is a really decent place to stay, yeah it's on the main road but it's not really that bad, more of an intrusion is the bells of Ag. Nektarios church just over the road, but I live along there and hear them very rarely and am also hardly ever disturbed by the road, even though I live right by the main junction to Bar street. I believe the Colonial are better equipped, more like proper apartments rather than the typical Greek studio, but my choice from reputation and past experience would be the Sun Maris.

Edited: 1:32 pm, April 20, 2012
Manchester, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: colonial family apartments or Sun Maris Studios?

I would choose the Sun Maris, cant beat it ...Mary the owner is brilliant...cant do enough for you... everything is so clean...been twice and going back again this year... everything is in walking distance...even has it own pool. which every you choose hope you have a brilliant time.

5. Re: colonial family apartments or Sun Maris Studios?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, June 19, 2013