We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nest Apartments, Faliraki

Bedfordshire
Level Contributor
21 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
Nest Apartments, Faliraki

Has anyone stayed at these apartments as I cannot find anything about them on tripadvisor? Would be interested to see some reviews or to hear personal experiences. May be they are new or something. Holiday has just been transferred to them so anxious to hear any reports, whatever.

Thank you.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Nest Apartments, Faliraki

The final straw for us leaving the apartments was all the other goings on which was happening. All we wanted was a base which was clean and safe and that would have done us. Unless you have seen these apartments it's hard to believe the state of them. We booked 2 star accommodation and trust me these are not 2 star. When we moved to the Tsambika Hotel which is also advertised as 2 stars on Lowcostholiday it was like walking into, what I would imagine the Hilton! The comment from Jamie S about it was poor for £19 per week was a fair comment but we actually paid £175 more than him. We have stayed in 2 star digs before and wasn't expecting much but trust me I got the shock of my life when I saw what was meant to be our base for 10 days!

I have posted my views because I don't want other people going there. especially if they have got children because it just isn't safe. It not fair that people work hard and save their money for their summer holiday to be put in the same situation as us and others.

We all know you get what you pay for but usually if it isn't as described you have the option to get a full refund.

I do hope the other guys who were there when we was, post their comments too.

Huntingdon, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Nest Apartments, Faliraki

Where to begin...

We were dropped off at the end of a Greek style "hills have eyes" scene. Badly lit, and no help to find our way after the bus driver wheel spins off into the distance. We find out way up to the "bar" where we find Mike, an alright guy in fairness but well behind the times in the hotel business. He sits us down and checks us in, walks us to our room. There are three of us and one key, his solution is to hide the key in the bush by our door when we are out at night (bear in mind these bushes have about 6 or 7 leaves to hide a key in...). So it's fair to say their security procedures aren't up to 21st Century standards.

Then we get onto the Air-Con... 8 Euro's a day. Which for as cheap as we got the place, fair enough... but it's not realistically a day, just over night, so chilling out in the room in the day to escape the heat is not an option. Of all the other stories to tell about Nest this is the main factor of us personally moving to a different hotel. The beds were alright to sleep in if you’re the kind of person who likes sleeping on jagged rocks, so after a few beers I was alright with that. Cockroaches and other oversized insects end up showering with you, but that’s Greece, what did you expect, nothing a solid slap with a flip flop can’t handle.

So we slept there the first night, waking up baking hot and head down the pool for a bit of a dip. Walk past the playground which I wouldn’t let a kid near even should his name be Clark Kent! H & S would have a field day. The pool was similar condition, tiles missing and the water didn’t look great. We lasted long enough to hear other groups tell us about their holidays from hell involving phones being stolen from rooms with no sign of forced entry. We had no trouble with this, but we got to know some of the groups and trust their story over anyone else’s. Not letting any of this bother us we went for a walk, found another pool bar across the road. We were instantly made to feel at home at the other hotel and ended up forking out and moving there for the remainder of our holiday after spending four uncomfortable nights at Nest.

Heading out on our first proper night we had the pleasure of meeting a large angry Labrador let loose on the path between Nest and the main road. We had to walk a few people past it and the only reason I wasn’t too intimidated was the Dutch courage I’d just been drinking. It should have been tied up, no questions, a very dangerous dog, especially if kids were around. After an absolute belting night out on a beach party a bit out of Faliraki we got back to the apartments, and walked a couple of the other guests back to the room to make sure they got back safely. To which we had a woman follow and tell me to go back to my own room, even though I was planning to anyway. I was pretty insulted, a grown man being told what to do… so she was clearly ignored. I could understand if we were creating any noise, but that was not the case.

I can’t be bothered complaining much more now. It is true that you get what you pay for, but this should not be considered a 2 star hotel. I imagine some stars are left over from the apartments hay day about 15 years ago. I feel bad for Mike who runs the place as he clearly can’t afford to keep the place running; but a few solar lights, layers of paint and TLC could turn it around to be liveable. And leave the Air-Con on for as long as the guest wants, not just if they are ill, but if they are uncomfortable too. If things don’t change I guarantee that the Nest won’t last many more seasons.

Manchester, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Nest Apartments, Faliraki

Jac J...what can I say? Your post was like reading a novel. Your descriptions of the Nest are spot on! Like you we feel sorry for Mike and have said in years gone by it would have been a great little set up......but not at this moment in time!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Nest Apartments, Faliraki

I stayed there in 1989, it was an hotel then. Best holiday EVER

18-30 all the way

Blinding...!

Have fun

Manchester, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Nest Apartments, Faliraki

Unfortunately it isn't blinding some 23 years later!

16. Re: Nest Apartments, Faliraki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 pm, August 20, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Faliraki