We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

Hi, got a 2 year old and a 3.5 year old, would anyone know if there is plenty to do for them, we are going at the beginning of september. Any quieter days. Thankx

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,617 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

Hi

The waterpark does have an area specifically for younger children, i'm not sure what age group it's aimed at but have a look on their website www.water-park.gr

The quietest day is Wednesday as it's the biggest flight/changeover day.

Birmingham, United...
Destination Expert
for Rhodes
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

We took our daughter both last year (when she was Two) and also last month (3 Year old) and she had a great time in the childrens play area. I would suggest your Child wears arm bands however.

All days in September will not be too busy.

Try and choose a day when it is not too windy as it can feel cold when you are wet.

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

Hi

Was at the waterpark two weeks ago and totally agree wednesday is the quiet day as it is the bigget change over day and I found it not busy at all.

There is a childrens area with a pirate ship would be ideal for your children but agree armbands are a good idea. Sure you will also find it a lot of fun also.

Leicester
Level Contributor
1,278 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

Hi,

Forget the armbands and invest in a floaties "swim trainer jacket" or "swim vest". Our 2 year old can't swim yet but will happily jump in and kick from one end of a pool to the other totally unaided since using these (we took a "swim vest" with us to Rhodes in July but the skipper of the boat we went out on for the day liked it so much that we gave it to him for his grand daughter - we bought a "swim trainer jacket" to replace it when we got home).

Whenever our little was around water he had his swim vest on. No replacement for watching him like a hawk but at least when he got a bit close to the pool or sea we didn't jump quite so quickly!!

Cheers,

Dave.

scotland
Level Contributor
46 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

Thanks everyone, that helps out loads.

Newcastle upon...
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

Hi

we've just returned from Rhodes and took our two year old and five year old to the water park, they had a great time with loads for them to do. they both loved the slides as they were small but fast enough to feel daring!! there is a huge bucket that tips when full drenching everyone under it which is a welcome relief in the heat, saying that it was starting to cool when we were there to a manageable 31 rather than the 46 of the first week.Take lots of sun block though as my hubbie got burnt even though had high factor on.

ther whole thing is on a hill but there is a train that takes you up and down which my two loved. make sure you catch the last one at 5.30 though we missed it and it was a hard job dragging two tired ones up a hill. loads of taxis outside so easy to get back however agree a price first otherwise they will overcharge.

I reccomend armbands etc one little one nearly drowned when we there as there are not enough lifeguards to watch the areas even though the water is only up to your knees.

food is expensive there but your not allowed to take your own in. there are lockers to lock valuables up at only euro each. great for big kids two my husband and brothers had a ball disappearing for hours i must admit had a go with my 5 year old on the giant bubble which was great fun.

under 3's are free 15 euros for under 12's and 20 euros for adults (i think dont quote me on that) well woth the money we were there from 10:30 -6:30pm

anyway a bit long winded but enjoy

7. Re: Waterpark at faliraki - any good for young children

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 06, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Faliraki
Recent Conversations