We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Which Platanias hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
103 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Hi,

Could anyone tell us, is there any buses service between the Chania Airport to Platanias ? and how much is the fare maybe ?

Many thanks!!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Yes, you need to get the bus from the airport into Chania bus station and then from Chania bus station to Platanias. Timetables follow, the fares are there as well:

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

bus-service-crete-ktel.com/timetabledet.php…

Note that the most frequent service is the one which finishes at Gerani; buses to Kolibari and Kastelli also go through Platanias.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
344 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Thanks Steve. Do you know whether the timetable from Chania to the Airport is more frequent during the summer?

I am happy to get a cab from platanias to the airport but have not found a quote online for under €60. Do you think I would be able to get a cab at a cheaper cost once I am there?

Thanks

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

The airport timetable is different every day; I think it ties in with arrivals, so you may be OK.

€60 is outrageous! Definitely a lot cheaper when you get there. If Kostas sees this he will tell you exactly how much.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Hi again

Here is a link to what sounds like the maximum price to expect (€42):

www.chaniataxi.gr/gtaxi/index.php…

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
344 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Thanks Steve. 40 quid or so sounds much better! I am going with my 2 kids who love beach life of course but also love pretty places, especially the older one. I noticed Stavros, Kournas lake and elafonissi looked interesting. Would you recommend these places or others?

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,448 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

The short answer is yes, yes and yes! All are doable by public transport, but there is only one bus to and from Elafonisi per day. Stavros has reasonable bus connections form Chania, and has a good beach and a lovely setting, but i have to say that last time I was there (2011) it was full of US service personnel who were very 'lively'!! Having said that, it's a big beach.

Lake Kournas is reached by the Rethymnon bus, get off at Georgioupolis (a lovely place itself) and it's a couple of miles inland. I believe there is a noddy-train which goes there, or a taxi wouldn't be much - probably cheaper for 3! There are several tavernas overlooking the lake, and you can hire pedaloes etc.

For other places, firstly tell us if you are planning to hire a car or not, then we can tailor our advice accordingly.

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
344 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Good idea about hiring a car Steve. I think that maybe the best thing to do in terms of time and logistics. I could easily drive to elafanissi, stavros and the lake and other places?

Edited: 9:57 am, March 15, 2013
Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Hi there, Kostas from chania. Chania airport to Platanias by taxi would be 40€ top. I say once more that most of the internet based transfer booking agencies are really charging quite a lot more than the fare itself, cause they take the added commision. practicly what goes on for the 60€ to platanias that you saw, is that the taxi driver would be underpaid, getting about 36€ for the transfer and the rest 24€ would be the commision of the agency abroad and the agency in greece that represents the agency abroad. And they claim that they are "Low cost transfers guaranteed"... lol, that was a good one!... Anything else you need to ask, especially on the transfer part, let me know..

Kostas, info@taxi4crete.gr

Chania Town, Greece
Level Contributor
304 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

I just saw a 81€ for platanias...single transfer....lol

County Tipperary...
Level Contributor
344 posts
209 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Bus from Chania Airport to Platanias

Thanks Kostas. I will definately not use a transport shuttle company. I would like all the money to go to a local taxi. I will take your email address and contact you nearer the time if thats ok with you.

Get answers to your questions about Platanias
Recent Conversations