We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

Wales
Level Contributor
4 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

Have just returned from a week at these delightful apartments, located on the outskirts of Piskopiano village. Situated just a few yards down a side road, the apartments are very quiet, but within easy walking distance of small supermarkets, tavernas, shops and bars.The owners are so helpful and friendly...nothing is too much trouble for them.

Brothers, George and Costas both have a great sense of humour, and really appreciated my attempts at speaking Greek.

George's wife, Helen is a real darling and full of Irish wit and charm.

The apartments are quite basic, but spotlessly clean and snacks and drinks are available at the pool bar at reasonable prices.

The pool is small, but ideal for a quick dip to cool off.....if you want to do some serious swimming, the sea is only a 15min walk away, though you may want to get a taxi back up to the village.

The Sunday BBQ was a huge sucess, the food was good and plentful. Helens two daughters entertained us with dancing, with everyone joining in after several shots of Raki.

I plan to go back in September and am really looking forward to meeting the family again

Edited: 3:57 pm, May 26, 2011
Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

We have just spent a week in these apartments, having been thrown out of Piskopiano Village Hotel apartments as they were badly overbooked.

I totally agree, these studios and apartments are a real gem in the popular and often noisy village of Piskopiano. Nothing was too much bother for Helen and Kostas and believe you me, they were put under some strain when couple after couple turned up on their doorstep, at all hours of the day and night, having been refused a room already booked and paid for at Piskopiano Village.

We had our 16 year old son with us and because we had originally booked an apartment for four, were given a three bedded studio and a double studio as there were no apartments available when we arrived. During the week, apartments became free and Helen asked if we wanted to change rooms but we were quite happy with the rooms we had.Just an example of here kindness and helpfulness.

I shall also write under my original posting for Piskopiano Village Hotel Apartemts with a serious moan!!!

Rugby, United...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

Late booked at this location and had a really wonderful week. Apartments spotlessly clean and just what we were looking for. Helen , George and Kostas are brilliant hosts and could not be more helpful. Will not forget riding pillion with Helen down to car hire company ( first time for 36 years!). Great late evenings sat by the pool with hosts and other guests and excellant food on the barbeque evening. Why are Thompson dropping them?

Edited: 8:03 am, October 05, 2011
wrexham
Level Contributor
70 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

I have just booked with thomson to these apartments. Roll on the 11h of October :D

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

We have booked to stay here for first time, going in late September. A change from Corfu for us. The pool looks very nice but I was wondering, if we cant get round it during the day, it looks quite small!, is it the usual thing in Piskopiano where if we buy food/drink in another complex we can get round a pool? Its just a thought and as we havent been before am only judging the pool by peoples photos (but it does look small !) Very much looking forward to staying here, the reviews on trip advisor made it an easy choice.

Edited: 10:55 am, April 10, 2012
Gloucester...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

Have just booked to stay here from the 4th-10th of october, hope its as good as people have said here!

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

Depends what you are looking for. Hopefully you will have read all the posts so know that this is no frills acommodation . They are, however, spotlessly clean plenty large enough, a pleasant pool and breakfast bar area and lastly, wonderful owners. Plus, the walk to Piskopiano centre is all of a couple of minutes. I hope you enjoy, Helen and co. need all the support and custom they can get.

London
Level Contributor
8 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

HI Nick, can you comment on my post re: the pool, above Bev's?

Dalton-in-Furness...
Level Contributor
549 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

Hi mljL, we never tried any other pools but I am pretty sure you'll be able to use them as long as you buy drinks etc.I am sure others on here will be more knowledgeable than me.

Matheos apartments are on facebook if you are a member.

Edited: 5:18 pm, August 22, 2012
Gloucester...
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

Having done some REALLY budget travelling in Crete in my time The rooms look very nice to me! Besides, a room is just somewhere to sleep, its the friendly welcome that so many people commented on that made me choose this hotel over cheaper options that were nearer the beach, (I shall just be grateful that all the walking will give me super toned thighs, lol) Thanks for mentioning the facebook page, have sent a friend request. I am there from the 4th to the 18th not the 10th. I am soo looking forward to going back to Crete, nowhere I have ever been comes close.

Hersonissos, Greece
Level Contributor
254 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Matheos Studios and apartments Piskopiano Crete

You can write a review here on TA for Matheos Apartments......It all helps!

Get answers to your questions about Piskopiano
Recent Conversations