We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Piskopiano for first time visitors

London, United...
4 posts
Piskopiano for first time visitors

Hi all, may be going to Piskopiano next June with our friends and stay in a villa, and we don't want to rent out a car so are there any reliable taxi firms that anyone can suggest and how would we get from the airport to the village? also is it safe here (sorry just curious) we found an amazing villa with supermarket Emily nearby and we are in awe with it and just want to make sure we know the transport links (act bus to beach?) and local area, thank you!!!

7 replies to this topic
Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
249 reviews
184 helpful votes
1. Re: Piskopiano for first time visitors

All three villages Koutouloufari, Piskopiano and Old Hersonissos are perfectly safe, filled with amazing people, be it locals or visitors. The area is full of great tavernas/restaurant/bars and you will be spoilt for choice. I stayed in Koutouloufari for three days on my own before my husband joined me for a further week and I never once felt uncomfortable on my own. You can either catch a bus from the airport and then a taxi from Hersonissos which will cost about 8 euros. Or you can book online both ways via taxi for about 60 euros return. We have used Herakliotaxi.com several times and thoroughly recommend them. The beaches are about a 20 minute walk downhill; Star Beach is full of "entertainment" and further up the road is Alecko's Garden, a lovely quiet cove with three tavernas, which is one of our favourite spots. It is a steep climb from Hersonissos so we taxi it back, but many people choose to walk up, sometimes having a liquid break at the Fat Frog in Papadakis Villas. Not sure if the "Happy Train" comes up (and therefore down) to the villages. I would advise you to go for it. But, be warned, once you go, you'll be hooked! Lol.

south wales [uk]
Level Contributor
145 posts
29 reviews
67 helpful votes
2. Re: Piskopiano for first time visitors

pearlpoppy has it summed up perfectly

three quaint hillside villages of Old Hersonissos , Piskopiano , Koutouloufari all virtaully merging into one

especially Piskopiano and KLF , there are no buses serving the villages so its walk or taxi

as Pearlpoppy mentioned its a steep 900m downhill to Hersonissos and the beaches and the entertainment and agree walk down , taxi back [ e7 ] is probably best

there no big English/Irish type bars in the villages , Astra is popular in KTL , head down the hill for those !!

plenty of other bars , friendly traditional tavernas to tempt you

its the best of both worlds really , head down the hill to Hersonissos for the action during the day and head back to the tranquil villages in the evening

like pearlpoppy , myself and loads of others you will soon find out why its so special

enjoy

London, United...
4 posts
3. Re: Piskopiano for first time visitors

thank you for the amazing replies!!!!!, I have a question, on Heraklion taxi. com it says the Mercedes Vito mini van holds 8 passengers does that include the driver because theres 8 of us going and I don't know what taxi to book

The Stunning...
Level Contributor
29,612 posts
402 reviews
1,554 helpful votes
4. Re: Piskopiano for first time visitors

Also check out Heraklio (without an n) https://herakliotaxi.com/ very reliable and competitive.

Brighton, England
Level Contributor
1,574 posts
249 reviews
184 helpful votes
5. Re: Piskopiano for first time visitors

Send them an email and I am sure they'll give you an answer. All so helpful :-)

Roslin, United...
Level Contributor
308 posts
180 reviews
85 helpful votes
6. Re: Piskopiano for first time visitors

Arrived yesterday and pre booked heraklio taxi. Waiting outside on our arrival with name on card. Kostas our driver had us in resort with 20 minutes. Brilliant service.

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
69 reviews
78 helpful votes
7. Re: Piskopiano for first time visitors

Great info

Very helpful

Reply to: Piskopiano for first time visitors
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Piskopiano
Recent Conversations