We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

Hi we are planning a ski trip to Pyrennes 2000 in Jan 2013. We will be travelling from Barcelona by train to Bolquere and staying there. Anyone know if we will be ok without a car? Is there local buses going to Font Romeau if we want to go there in the evening? Anyone any experience with kids in the ski school at Pyrennes 2000? The week we go will be Jan 5th so I just wonder will there be other kids for group lessons?

Thanks for your help.

7 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

Travelling by train to Bolquere from Barcelona? I sincerely hope you have carefully studied the relevant timetables. The little halt at Bolquere-Eyne has just four trains a day in winter.

Local bus information for the area is at this website

www.cg66.fr/252-les-bus-departementaux.htm

The good news that any journey on the local bus system costs just 1 Euro.

Routes 260, 260a and 260b and 262 serve Bolquere. The 262 runs only in winter and the timetable isn't posted yet.

There are seven buses a day (weekdays and Saturdays) between Bolquere and Font Romeu. On Sundays and Holidays just three

The journey takes only five minutes and from what I remember can easily be walked.

Buses do not normally run in the evenings but I don't know about the seasonal 262 route.

Edited: 9:10 am, October 16, 2012
Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

Thanks for the bus information - that is great to know. We have studied the train timetable well and have found trains that suit so hopefully it will all work out well...if not it will be an adventure anyway!

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

"The journey takes only five minutes and from what I remember can easily be walked."

It is over 3 km (straight line) between Bolquere and Font Romeu. I doubt the walk will take only 5 minutes, especially at night. Besides Bolquère is very spread out so it all depends on where you are staying. It could be more or slightly less. There are no buses at night.

French kids will be back at school on January 7.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

The bus journey is 5 minutes and I measure the distance by road as around 6km. Those buses go fast! 6km an hour's walk maybe.

It is a very spread out area and possibly no other way to get around at night than on foot.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

The two bus stops (Tourist Information and Rond-Point de Pyrenees 2000) are on the main road to Font Romeu and 4 km from the village of Bolquere itself. As indicated above, it all depends on where the OP is staying.

There are taxis ........ :-))

Dublin,Ireland
Level Contributor
7 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

Just an update on this. We had a great trip at Pyreenes 2000. Place was lovely. Ski school was very good for the children and we found the place very relaxed and easygoing with very friendly people. We took the train from Barcelona to Figures Vilafant then TGV to Perpingnan. Then we took another train to Villefranche where we took le petit traein jaune to Bolquere. All went like clockwork both on the way there and back. The kids loved the different trains. We took the €1 bus to Font Romeau one afternoon which was a lovely town. If we had a car we probably would have travelled around a bit more but without a car it was more relaxing and hopefully we will do it again!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
48,907 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train

Excellent and I am pleased to hear that everything went well for you.

Reply to: Skiing at Pyrennes 2000 - going by train
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Les Angles