We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Sept

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Denver, CO
5 posts
Save Topic
Weather in Sept

Came to CR previously during the rainey season (May) but didn't find it to be that bad. Curious if Sept is any different or should we expect the same i.e nice morning and cloudy afternoon with occasional showers? Thanks!

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Sept

Most definitely, as Sept and Oct are both high rainfall months... meoweather.com/history/…20Teresa.html (sorry about the cheesy link) but you will get an idea. Bring your rain poncho, and jump in the puddles.

Punta Uva, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
Level Contributor
6,874 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Sept

Yes, lots of warm tropical rain, except on the Caribbean side of the country where Sept-Oct are the driest months of the year.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Sept

Hard to predict the weather now days in my lovely country...not even a good local indian like me...can even try ...BUT by tradition Sep- Oct and November cand be wet .so sorry...if you like to see a green country full of life...those months are the best!.

Great advice by Cubanon...those months are great summer days...at the Caribbean side of my country!

roadadvisor

Edited: 8:43 pm, June 25, 2012
Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Sept

Sept and Oct are much worse for rain fall than May. Many locals leave for these months and go somewhere for a vacation. Tourism is at a lull and most visitors to Costa Rica focus on visiting the east coast where the weather is sunny as everyone has stated above!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
45,538 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Sept

Thank you Wefish...great way to said it...same as Cubanon!

roadadvisor

guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,091 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Sept

In the pacific chances are it will rain , rain is warm here in Costa Rica, but costarricans call tell you, it wont rain all day.

Denver, CO
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Sept

Thanks for all the responses. Don't mind the rain so much and we liked all the wildlife. Just hoping for a few clear mornings to do some activities. Thanks again.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
916 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Weather in Sept

You are most welcome, we are glad to help with your holiday, and thank you for planning a return vacation in our beautiful country.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
1,975 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Weather in Sept

Before moving to Costa Rica, I traveled there (all over) in Sept. for many years, as mid Sept is my wedding anniversary and we celebrated in Costa Rica. I can say that in the 6-7 years we traveled in Sept, we never had a complete wash out, even in the Osa. There were always some sunny mornings and early afternoons. Hopefully it will be that way for you too!

10. Re: Weather in Sept

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, June 29, 2013