We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Casa Java

Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Casa Java

Hi!

Can anyone give me any information on Casa Java?

Thanks!!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
3,528 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Casa Java

It seems to be pretty rustic to me.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,460 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Casa Java

Dear Betsy...

Some times places like Casa Java are the best...of course if fit into what you are looking for...hard to immposibel to give any credits to the place just checking the web site...the whole area is becoming a world class destination...if you like a small place with that JAVA ambiance...you go it there...

Hard to any body to give any insight of the place without been there or knowing the place...it is a great place...simplicity with good taste!

If you are planning your vacation to our country be sure to dealt with companies or individuals that you can ID...or that are register with the Costa Rica Govermmnet...ICT...no ICT certifications...no ID...you can be gambling with your money or your vacation...

roadadvsior

roadadvisor

Canada
3 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Casa Java

Thanks Road Advisor

The place does look beautiful... just wanted to see if anyone first hand had stayed there.... I am looking for a place directly on the beach to sleep six? Any ideas?

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
293 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Casa Java

Roadadvisor:

I have seen where you reference "ICT Certification." And to do business only with businesses that are ICT certified. I have no idea what that means.

Could you please help us out with that.

Mahalo

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,803 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Casa Java

Did you check out VRBO for Santa Teresa? There are many places that could fit your desires, you just have to meticulously go through each one and see what is available at each place and what you are wanting. There are really good maps and other accommodation choices at this site:

www.nicoyapeninsula.com

If you are comfortable with rustic, then go for it, but there are many other choices depending on your budget.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
47,460 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Casa Java

Dear mahalo..

Thank you for your question...

In our country as yours we have a President and Secretarys for each DPT...like, health, Education, Tourism, etc...

ICT is our Dept of Tourism, they regulate ALL activities that have to do with tourism...they set up safety protocols, ethical protocols..etc, etc...

For individuals or companies to qualify for the ICT certification. involves a lot of paper work...they have to show CLEAN police records for all principals of the company...even if they are not Costaricans...they have to show that they are payin txes, Health insurance for ALL employees...CCSS...have REAL office no just dealing out of a computer in middle of nowhere,.

In that way the Costa Rica govermmnet in case of a problem they can find the people responsible of any wrong doing...

Some people for many reasons and excuses they do not ask for the ICT certification...to a Tour Operator or Travel Agent...of course it is a free country...and you can deal with who ever you like...but in case of a scamm very little chances for you to even find out who you were dealing with...and of course your money and vacaction can be gone for ever...

I feel as a Costarican responisble to advice potential visitors to hire professional certified Travel Agents or Tour Operators!

Thank you for asking

roadadvisor

7. Re: Casa Java

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:27 am, November 13, 2012