We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The best way to combine Arenal and Santa Teresa

Which Santa Teresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
The best way to combine Arenal and Santa Teresa

My wife and I have decided on Costa Rica for our honeymoon. I would like to combine Arenal and the beaches in Santa Teresa. We are looking at staying at both the Arenal Nayara and Florblanca while we're in Costa Rica (unless people have better suggestions). My question is what is the best way to get from Arenal to Santa Teresa or more specifically Florblanca? Or, of course we could go vice versa and start at Florblance and end at Arenal. Also, if we go in July are we making a mistake because of the weather? Thanks for the help!

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,044 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The best way to combine Arenal and Santa Teresa

The Florblanca web site has good advice for traveling there. I would contact them and let them know your preference (Fly or drive) depending on your arrival time at the airport. I would suggest Santa Teresa first, as Arenal is much better located to get back to the airport for your return home.

Please don't worry about the weather, chances are slim that you would have a total washout. Just plan your activities for the morning hours as most rain would be in late afternoons. I'm sure you'll have a great honeymoon! Your hotel choices are lovely.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,017 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The best way to combine Arenal and Santa Teresa

Great choice ...you will love Arenal Nayara...regarding weather hard to said anything...but I think is going to be nice and just enough rain...

roadadvisor

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,732 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The best way to combine Arenal and Santa Teresa

You haven't told us how long you plan on staying in Costa Rica. If you are limited, then I suggest you fly from SJO to Tambor and either rent a car there or cab it to Florblanca, do a return flight and either rent a car or hire a driver to make the trek from SJO to Arenal. As Allylam stated, you would be in a better position for your flight home from Arenal as opposed to making Florblanca as your final destination prior to your flight home due to distance and travel ease.

If you have a couple of weeks, then just rent a 4x4 and drive to Santa Teresa and then to Arenal and back to SJO.

I think you will enjoy Santa Teresa in July. Generally, July is nice with a bit of rain, usually falling in the afternoon, just in time for a siesta! Schedule all your outdoor activities for the morning.

4. Re: The best way to combine Arenal and Santa Teresa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 pm, October 29, 2012