We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Late August to mid-September Weather in Santa Teresa?

Oklahoma City...
Level Contributor
21 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Late August to mid-September Weather in Santa Teresa?

Hello! My husband and I are considering a trip to the Santa Teresa area in late August or early/mid-September this year. My only pause in booking is that it might rain the whole time we're there. I have researched average weather, but would love some insight from locals and/or people more familiar with the area. Thank you in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Santa Teresa
Santa Teresa
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
4 replies to this topic
Slovenia
Destination Expert
for Costa Rica
Level Contributor
18,379 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Late August to mid-September Weather in Santa Teresa?

It will not rain for the whole time while there; it will rain some afternoons, and most nights, and the road will be a mud track, but that is actually a blessing!

Santa Teresa, Costa...
Destination Expert
for Mal Pais, Santa Teresa
Level Contributor
1,891 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Late August to mid-September Weather in Santa Teresa?

What xelas says is true, although, this year, we are having an excessive amount of rain. To predict what September will bring as far as morning, afternoon or overnight rain is not something I want to do and then be blamed for giving you false hopes. September and October are the rainiest months here. Generally, May and June are somewhat rainy with a 'small summer' (nicer sunny days with not as much rain). This year, we have had an incredible amount of rain morning, afternoon and overnight. Right now, we are getting typical 'little summer' rains in the afternoon and evening and the day begins with sunny mornings which tend to cloud over by around 11 AM. It has been pleasant with the cooler days but the rains have been excessive!

So, having said that, we are curious about September. I wish I had a crystal ball.

Personally, I love the rainy season here. Everything is so green and lush and the rainy afternoons and nights give me a break to relax in the hammock and read or catch up on my computer .

If you plan your activities for early morning and are looking to 'chill' for your vacation, then Santa Teresa is the place to be. The area tends to quieten down beginning in September and many (not all) restaurants and businesses close for a break during the months of September and October. Expect many people to be more 'laid back' than they usually are. Depending on what you plan to do as far as activities and sight-seeing are concerned, you will find everything toned down a couple of notches. If you are expecting to do a lot of activities, I would check to be sure they are going to be available during your time here and if you are renting a vehicle (advisable), be sure it is a 4x4.

Mentioned in this post
Santa Teresa
Santa Teresa
Province of Puntarenas, Costa Rica
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
53 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Late August to mid-September Weather in Santa Teresa?

Did you go and if so how was your rain/sun experience...we are thinking of going Mid-august ourselves.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Late August to mid-September Weather in Santa Teresa?

Same question--did you go and how was it?

Reply to: Late August to mid-September Weather in Santa Teresa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted