We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Transportation

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
9 posts
93 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Transportation

Anyone have any suggestions re: affordable airport transportation from Liberia airport to Allegro papagayo? All I am getting are these absurd quotes for private transport. Forget a shared van if you are ONE person. I have never experienced such discrimination and I travel all over the world. Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Liberia Airport
Liberia Airport
Liberia, Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Transportation

Keep in mind that gas in Costa Rica is over $5 a gallon.

For transportation, you can use a private driver or a taxi. I doubt you will find a shared van to the resort unless they have something set up. For a quote from a good company, check out www.ecotranscostarica.com They more or less specialize in transportation in the Guanacaste area.

You can also take a look at the Tamarindo Shuttle. I don't know if they go to the Allegro Papagayo, but maybe.

Transportation to certain places can be a bit more expensive. It's not like the whole world is going to the Allegro Papagayo -- it's kind of out of the way so probably part of the "problem."

Of course, you could rent a car and drive yourself. The car would come in handy for doing some exploring of the area.

What kinds of "absurd" quotes are you getting?

Edited: 8:30 am, April 30, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Costa Rica
Costa Rica
Central America
Tamarindo
Tamarindo
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
Allegro Papagayo
Allegro Papagayo
1,859 Reviews
Gulf of Papagayo, Costa Rica
La Fortuna de San...
Level Contributor
1,200 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Transportation

I don't think it is discrimination you are encountering. With a private transfer, you have to pay for the van including the drivers time and gas whether there are 6 of you or 1. As a solo traveler you are paying for it by yourself. Bring a friend and you will pay half the price.

Jacamar Tours has reasonable prices from LIR to area hotels. We have had friends use them a few times and found the prices to be lower than others and service to be great.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Transportation

Good suggestion, explorin. I know Jacamar is a good outfit. I checked their website and apparently, the transfer from LIR to Allegro is $69. I would guess that this would be a similar price to taking a taxi. It is about 40 minutes to the resort.

Alajuela, Costa Rica
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Transportation

hello, check with qualitytransferscr.com they have this transfer for $ 65

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Transportation

When I went to their website, JeffandTina, it says $85 for transfer from Liberia to Golfo de Papagayo.

A question -- have you used this company or any of the places you have recommended in your posts?

Edited: 11:11 am, April 30, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Liberia
Liberia
Province of Guanacaste, Costa Rica
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,094 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Transportation

contact info@crunique.com

fully licensed to operate, they will give you a really good rate.

7. Re: Airport Transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:15 am, June 22, 2013