We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Hi my husband wants to golf during our stay here and was wondering if anyone has golfed at the Papagayo Golf and Country club and if so what r the costs...Also is there on site scuba diving shop here as well.

Grecia, Costa Rica
Destination Expert
for Province of Alajuela
Level Contributor
7,995 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Not sure about the golf but you can get in touch with these folks - http://www.teetimescostarica.com/ The owner sometimes posts on the forum and as far as I know you can get some discounts. Good place to start.

Cheers

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Papagayo Golf Course is approx. a 45 minute drive from the Allegro, nice course, 18 holes, casual, beautiful setting. Clubs available for rental. I just called the owner, a good friend and they are offering a package, 18 holes, golf cart, cooler with ice and clubs for $100.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Diving Safaris is located in Playa Hermosa and can be contacted at 506 2672-1259. Long established company. A little warmer here than Calgary.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Thanks for the info....will that offer still be available when we get there we are looking at jan 26 for 7 days....

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,653 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Dear debdun

Nice diving operations at Coco´s beach...maybe nice for you to drive to Coco´s and find a good certified company to take you diving...Coco´s is about 30 minutes ride from Allegro..

Roadadvisor

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Yes, it will. Ask for David and tell them Michael Mills sent you.

Playa Hermosa...
Level Contributor
867 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Roadadvisor is right, Rich Coast Diving in Coco is awesome and after the dive explore Coco.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
459 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

I would recommend playing Hacienda Pinilla golf course near Tamarindo - it is about 1 hour away and a MUCH better course. Not only is it an ocean course, green fees $99 (http://tinyurl.com/ttcr4) but you can go after to the beautiful Pinilla beach club to chill out after shooting some birdies.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Thanks everyone....he will probably take them both in ....lol

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
402 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf near Allegro Papagayo

Sorry to bother you again another golf question !!! What kind of clubs do they provide do you know??? My husband might leave his at home for a change if they are pretty good ones....lol

Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo