We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

occidental Grand Papagayo - local places nearby?

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
occidental Grand Papagayo - local places nearby?

HI

My husband and I are thinking about visiting Costa Rica in February and we are leaning towards staying at Occidental Grand Papagayo. We are wondering if there are local shops, restaurants or other local attractions within walking distance or by local bus? We will be doing excursions to visit volcano, zip lining, etc but would like to check out places nearby the hotel as well.

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: occidental Grand Papagayo - local places nearby?

Dear Plans..

The nearest tiny village around your hotel is Coco´s beach...or Hermosa Beach...bigger and more to do around Coco´s...

Nothing interesting walking distance!

roadadvisor

Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
156 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: occidental Grand Papagayo - local places nearby?

Thanks for your reply Do you know if there are local buses or taxis or shuttle with the hotel to go to visit Coco's beach or Hermosa beach?

Thanks!

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
46,644 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: occidental Grand Papagayo - local places nearby?

Dear Plans...

TAxis are around and easy to find...just ask the front desk to call you one...you may check once there for shuttles and buses ...I know some buses run the employees around...and I have had seen public buses around as well!

roadadvisor

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: occidental Grand Papagayo - local places nearby?

Just sent you a private message

5. Re: occidental Grand Papagayo - local places nearby?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:23 am, December 20, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Gulf of Papagayo