We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Sept.

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
628 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Sept.

Thinking about visiting Four Seasons in September. I know it's a rain forest region but was wondering at this time of the year if I could still get some sun and fun.

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
25,653 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Sept.

The only answer I can give you is: Maybe..... maybe not.

September tends to be very rainy but in that part of Costa Rica, it is not common to have either mornings or whole days of sun.

It's not that the Four Seasons is in a "rainforest region" - it's that September is part of the rainy season.

Playa Guiones...
Destination Expert
for Nosara
Level Contributor
2,403 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Sept.

Good answer Hattie. "Maybe, maybe not"!

I will just add that for several years my husband and I traveled to Costa Rica in Mid Sept. for our wedding anniversary. There was never a total 'wash out' in all of our 7 or so trips. We would see rain every day, but never all day. Mostly sunny mornings and early afternoons.

The Four Seasons is located in the driest area of the country, so I would expect you would not have a total 'wash out' either.

3. Re: Weather in Sept.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:19 am, December 16, 2012